“Must See Attraction”

167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 300 helpful votes
“Must See Attraction”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We snorkeled Champagne Reef as part of a snorkeling trip with Dive Dominica. We enjoyed it so much we went back on our own on the local bus from Roseau. The driver lets you off at a small restaurant at the start of an easy path down to the beach. It is not a swimming beach, just an excellent access point to the reef. The reef is very good considering the amount of tourists that visit, and there are a lot of fish. But the main attraction is the champagne like bubbles coming from numerous cracks in the limestone. It is a unique place and well worth seeing. When we snorkeled from the boat there were several people on the beach, but the second time we had it to ourselves, and a large green iguana came out to sun on a rock. The cliff there looks quite steep but the locals have a path along it, so you would have to be careful leaving valuables unattended.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank ERIC S

• Czech first
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spring cruise”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A fantastic stop on our tour the guides did an outstanding job we all loved this beach we had three couples on our tour and this. Was one of our favorite stops

Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Absolutely worth the trip”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Such an interesting experience watching the champagne bubbles. The beach itself wasn't anything amazing, but snorkling was very nice. In addition to the bubbles, there's actually pretty nice marine life; we saw squid, lionfish, rays and eels.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Cmud
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Neat snorkeling experience”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The wildlife was pretty neat under the water; some colorful spots here and there. I'd never snorkeled in volcanic-impacted water before and if I hadn't been on a tour, I'd have spent even more time swimming and exploring. Take a waterproof camera if you've got one!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ryan G
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“unique snorkeling”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I loved this place. Tons of fish and the bubbly areas are fun to explore. Pretty good coral, although I haven't seen anything to rival Panama/Crawl Cay yet. I got a little lost swimming around as some of the rock formations are pretty high and it's a little bit of a maze (at least to me). I didn't get freaked out or anything, just had to get my bearings a few times by looking at the shore. Although, this could also be because I was busy exploring underwater. :) I am only sad I only had time to go once - I actually preferred this place to Scott's Head but I don't think that's a standard as the ocean life you can see isn't consistent (will change every day).

You enter the water at the end of the beach (past the wood walkway) and there's a rubber runway to get into the water. You need to slide/crawl down this. I fell on my butt trying to walk down it and then another visitor told me I need to lay/crawl down haha.

Visited June 2013