“Great Dives, Great Dive Company!”
Review of Dive Dominica

Dive Dominica
Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Dives, Great Dive Company!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Dive Dominica was our dive operator contracted with our cruise line, and we couldn’t have been happier. After the boat moored, came the dive orientation and briefing, and we geared up to experience our first of two dives, L’Abym. It is a vertical wall that begins at 40 feet and drops to 2,000 feet. One DM leads while the other is at the back of the group. It was a colorful wall of sponges and reef fish with a slight current so a very little effort was required to follow, just enjoy the dramatic view. We stayed down for approx. 40 min. at about 60 feet with a safety stop built in.
The second dive took place at Point Guinarde – created by lava flows forming crevices and swim-throughs. We saw plenty of schooling fish and squid, lobster and crab. We dove at approx. level of 40 feet, again with a safety stop built in.
We thoroughly enjoyed our dive adventures in Dominca, the great crew and the dive operation – Dive Dominica. I look forward to our next visit, and a longer stay.

Visited October 2011

Bern, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great diving in Dominica”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

After I have been working as an instructor for 4 months in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, I went over to Dominica, to spend some nice holidays. The island is beautiful and the people are very friendly. Of course I wanted to dive there; and I did so. I made about 10 dives, and every one of them was great.

The first contact with Daniel was already very professional, I like that. The next day I came in and met Brad (instructor) and Stinger or Sting-Her! (DM and Captain), both very professional too. They took care about my equipment, which means they were carring it on board. The dive boat - a catamaran - with a lot of space and a sundeck is absolutely perfect for diving. It´s built how it should be.

We went always to the south around Soufrière and Scots Head. We never dove the same spot more than one time, which wouldn´t have been a problem for me. Divetime was always 1 hour and depth limits were about 30m.

I have have more than 1300 logged dives and I have been diving on many spots in the Caribbean like Bonaire, Cuba, Cozumel, Honduras, Belize and some more. But diving around Dominica was the best in the Caribbean so far. I enjoyed it very much, and I will certainly come back.

Maybe I should tell you about the things we have seen, while diving, so let me start: Seahorses, Frogfisch, Stingrays, Eaglerays, Barracudas, different turtles (Hawksbill, Loggerhead, green sea turtles, Octopus, volcanic activity such as hot water springs (really hot), and methane gas bubbles, black corals, and a huge variety of soft and hard corals. From the boat we have seen some dolphins very close to shore too. Some guests of the Comfort Lodge (that´s the Hotel that belongs to Dive Dominica) have seen Manta Rays while doing a shore-dive!

Diving around Dominica and with Dive Dominica is really highly recommendable.

Visited October 2010