“The paradise of Papillote”

Papillote Rainforest Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Roseau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine on fresh-caught fish, prawns (in season) or chicken prepared creole style with all the fabled spices of our island's rich cultural heritage. Sample exotic fruits and vegetables from the endless bounty of Dominica's organic gardens. Drink fresh local fruit juices, Kubuli beer or our special 'Papillote' rum punch...open every day from 8AM 'til 6PM.Serving Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner by reservation
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Incredibly scenic gardens with waterfalls, lush foliage, hot and cold pools, private meditation corners and numerous, interlocking trails. Lovely guided tour with a guide who was knowledgeable not only about the common and scientific names of the plants, but also their medical and culinary uses. We had a lovely dinner with a choice of chicken or fish. Both choices were superb and the rum punch was to die for. Careful, though--it's potent! We had a great visit with the owner and hope that Papillote continues to offer such a high quality of food and attentive service in an idyllic setting.

2  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you are up in titou gorge this place is worth a stop. Menu is slightly limited but the food and fruit juices are great.

1  Thank A H
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice setting, good spot to enjoy a spa and massage treatment too. Hot pools to enjoy after lunch as well.

1  Thank marinaproject
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stumbled into dinner at Papillote after a day of mini hikes and snorkeling. After a soak in the sulfur pools, it was exactly what we were hoping for: comfortable seating, delicious food, and a great view/ location.

2  Thank I-MRZ
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our restaurant visit was included in our tour of the island. We had to pick our choice of food immediately on entering our tour van. We were under the impression the lunch was included in the trip. We were not exposed to the pricing of the food.

Those that had the flying fish, I believe, enjoyed the food. The Creole style chicken leg meal left much to be desired. I have since searched the menu and found our food cost listed at $9.43 + $11.32 + 2 x $3.50 = $27.75 US. They apparently added 18% gratuity and a further value added tax resulting in a bill for the two of us of $43.42.

When my sister, who paid first, saw the bill for the two of them in Eastern Caribbean Currency she thought the bill was for all 12 of us.

I not sure where the blame lies but I felt used when I preordered a meal that I didn't enjoy without viewing a menu with pricing while assuming it was already included I our tour price.

Didn't break the bank but take this review as a caution when booking tours that include restaurant stops.

2  Thank Robert T