“just got back”
Review of Pepper's Tours

Pepper's Tours
Ranked #12 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Roseau
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day to full day tours. All comes with the following: Entry fees Transportation Driver Guide Complimentary cooler with refreshments. Remember, it is better, with Pepper.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

very nice guy pepper, the whole city knows him, he was there when we got offer the cruise ship and he gave us a fantastic tour of the city. we were a group of 8 and he didn;t disapoint us, first class tour

All reviews
"cruise ship"
in 13 reviews
"titou gorge"
in 15 reviews
"recommend taking a tour"
in 2 reviews
in 2 reviews
"another couple"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2013

During our recent cruise on the Vision of the Seas we made our very first visit to Dominica. Our day started early. Far too early for a morning hater such as myself. My wife drug me out of bed at what seemed to be two in the morning. Although the clock kept asserting that it was, in actuality, 7 o'clock. The main dining room wasn't open yet, so we had a quick breakfast in the Windjammer buffet.

We watched the as the ship pulled up to the pier and were among the first ashore. We booked a private tour through H.O.T. Pepper’s, and meet our tour guide Pepper just off the pier. There were ten of us, counting our guide. He was kind enough to already have a cooler in the van well stocked with water, beer, rum-punch and soda. Our first stop was at the Emerald Pool, a short hike from the parking lot revealed a beautiful waterfall with a small swimming area below. We were able to jump right in and enjoy the water, it was fun. Along the trail Pepper showed us some of the native plant life and took us to a few scenic overlooks.

We then drove on to the Mr. Nice Fruit Stand. There guests sample some of the local fruits, coconut, pineapple, sugar cane, cocoa and grapefruit. There is no cost, but tips are kindly accepted. After leaving the fruit stand we briefly visited the Mero black volcanic sand beach, and then went on to Champagne Beach. We didn't snorkel there, but those in our group that did said that it was beautiful.

Next was a trip up into the mountains to see Trafalgar Falls. There is a short hike up to the viewing platform. From there you get a great view of the double waterfalls. It provides a great backdrop for photos. I wish we would have had more time to swim there. We also stopped at a hot sulfurous spring. It was interesting to see, but you wouldn't want to live nearby.

Finally we passed through the botanical gardens. As 4:30 was rapidly approaching we didn't have time to get out and walk around. We made it back to the ship right on time and were the very last ones back up the gangway. Pepper provided us with an excellent "sampler" tour of the island. I felt it was well worth the $62 per person. There were things I would have liked to have seen more of, like Trafalgar Falls, so it will be on the top of my list for the next visit. We will definitely book through Pepper every time we come to Dominica!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked Pepper's tour because of the great reviews he had on Tripadvisor, and they are all true! I actually got a group of 10 together through my ships roll call, and this tour was hands down the best one we had!

First we swam in a water cave, then we hiked to some falls (this was strenuous but very worth it!), then we relaxed in some hot springs, then we went to a sulpher spring, and finally we drove through the botanicals. You will never find another tour that will allow you to see and experience as much as this one.

A word of caution...Pepper says that this is a very active tour - and it is! If you want a trip where you will sit in a van (and not experience anything), this isn't the trip for you. Don't get me wrong - you don't need to be athletes. My husband and I are 67 and 51 and we try to exercise at least three times a week. We both did everything and loved it. You might want to bring some snacks with you too because there is no time to stop for a long lunch.

My advice is book this and enjoy every minute of it.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and another family booked and traveled with Pepper together and had a fantastic time. There were 8 kids total and Pepper made all of our experiences very memorable. I have read so many of the reviews about Pepper and all that I can add is that they are true! We were always a step ahead of the other tours and had time to ourselves at every stop before the other crowds got there, and what a difference that made! Pepper really took care of us and made our experience with him the most memorable of our trip. The emerald pool was definitely "refreshing" , a phrase that will be used with a smile in our family for a long time! Thank you Pepper for showing us your wonderful island and beautiful family!

1  Thank sleepymc
See more reviews
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked Pepper to take us to the Middleham Falls and do a tour of the Boiling Lake. As both of us were inexperienced hikers Pepper suggested we should also combine the tour of the falls with a hike to the freshwater lake. It was tough but worth it and it prepared us for the BL hike. Pepper is a very motivating, friendly and humourous guy and he makes everything a lot of fun. He can suggest a very good itinerary based on your needs and makes any suggestions if necessary.

Our hike to the Boiling lake although strenous was made easier by his motivation and he took many photos of us clambering over the rocks which we couldnt take ourselves. Whether those photos are flattering is another matter haha. We should receive those soon.

Also Pepper seems to know just about everybody on the island and everybody seems to know him. He knows the best places to eat, drink and when to go somewhere. We had some amazing cocoa tea in Roseau for example. So I think this made a massive difference to our vacation. We also met his wife who invited us to dinner but we weren't able to go.

Book Pepper for your tours and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank cs95aam