“Nice lunch on the way to the waterfalls” 4 of 5 bubbles

River Rock Cafe
Ranked #17 of 52 Restaurants in Roseau
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Florida
“Nice lunch on the way to the waterfalls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Excellent local food overlooking a lush forest and river. The owner went out of her way to make me chicken, since I don't like seafood (the chicken legs were huge!). My family loved the shrimp and tuna meals. My only complaint here was the price. It cost $110 for a family of 5, plus tip. I don't expect U.S. prices in the middle of a place like this. Other than that ,everything else was great.

Visited December 2011

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Delicious, and rum punch with extra punch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

We stopped in here between our visit to Trafalgar Falls and Titou Gorge, and we are glad we did. This was the best local food (meal plate) that we had in Dominica. The options were limited, “we have fish or shrimp”, so the decisions were easy. The better half said, “Hmmmm…., I guess I’ll have the shrimp” and I ‘decided’ on the fish. Mmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The plate was clean enough to put back on the shelf when it left me. The rum punch was also the best we had. Lots of PUNCH from the rum! Yum. Great meal!

Lancaster PA
“Like something out of Fantasy Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

Our tour guide recommended this restaurant after we told him that we wanted true Creole food, what a working man would eat. We stopped at this restaurant perched on the side of a gorge to place our order in advance. That day there were 3 choices: shrimp, fish or goat. The choices change daily and you need to order in advance. We then visited Screw's spa and returned about an hour and a half later. Our food was waiting, and we found a seat on the outdoor veranda over looking the lower part of Trafalger Falls. The food was superb! I chose fish, which turned out to be tuna. it was covered with a creole tomato based sauce and was served over rice. There were 3 types of vegetables along side the fish: Yucca, yam and plantain. A Cole slaw type veggie salad was also squeezed onto the plate. Everything was fragrant, properly cooked and absolutely delicious! We also had rum punch, but the owner also had juices and sodas. My husband had the goat and the guide had the shrimp. The other plates had the same combo of veggies and rice, and were equally yummy. The lush tropical surroundings were like nothing I've ever dined in. There were wild papaya trees and passion fruit vines growing next to the veranda, and wild finches flitted in and out, stopping just long enough for me to snap a picture. Our meal was reasonable: $12 per plate and rum punch drinks were $5. We had a great time here, and i will return the next time i am in Dominica.

1 Thank PearlRabbit