Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

All reviews years experience titou gorge nathalie abseiling rope skilled wetsuits safety pools guide rocks dominica
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nathalie has an extensive knowledge of the fauna & flora. It was such a great experience to wander in pristine water & waterfalls !

Date of experience: December 2019
canyoning-dominica, Owner at Ti Nath Kanion Canyoning Dominica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I'm glad it was a great time for you. As always, my prime concern is customer satisfaction ;-)

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Truly a wonderful way to discover Dominica, we went to a gorgeous canyon, it was one of my best moments here!
Nathalie is a fantastic guide, professional and fun.

Date of experience: April 2019
TiNathKanion, Propriétaire at Ti Nath Kanion Canyoning Dominica, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thanks so much Marie, I'm glad to was guided you in one of your best moments in Dominica ;-)

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

We phone called Nathalie on the morning and she managed to take us on the same day for a 3 hours tour canyoning at Titou Gorge. I absolutely recommand this fantastic experience ! The views, sensations and landscape are magical ! I would say that canyoning here as a beginner is a perfect balance between adrenaline and safety feeling thanks to the serious of Nathalie. Thanks a lot for your flexibility, your kindness & this incredible memory.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank goldaure
Reviewed March 23, 2019

Let me start with a little background. I have many years of technical rock climbing experience, and have climbed with certified guides, many partners with experience from 1 month to 20 years, and have acted as the lead climber for groups of 1-3 people. I've developed a keen sense of what safe practices are, who has internalized them over many years of practice, and who just pays them lip service.

I chose to go with Nathalie for several reasons: I knew the guide I would have, she has many years of experience, and it's a smaller operation where she sees everything that happens. If a piece of gear is abused, or deemed unsafe, she knows, If a rope takes damage, she knows (BTW-I am envious of the bright orange, unfrayed, super nice rope she has). All critical to a safe practice.

When we arrived for our trip, Nathalie provided us with clean wet suits, in great condition. Why's this important? If you can't take care of something as mundane as a wetsuit, how do you treat the critical gear like harnesses, ropes, helmets, beaners, etc. The harnesses, beaners, descenders, and helmets were all in great shape. Even more amazing as they live their lives in a wet environment. She reviews putting them on, double checked us, and explained the basics. While I'm boring you with this stuff, upon our return, she specifically requested we take our gear off on the wooden bridge, not in the paved parking lot. Why? Pavement retains oil/gas leaked from cars, which can degrade ropes and other fabric materials. Kudos to Nathalie for that!

Our group of three was myself, my wife, and a third person. Nathalie managed a group of three people with disparate skill levels with ease. She was able to transition three people safely and efficiently from moving along the rocks, to abseiling, to jumping, etc. She did this with efficiency and accuracy. She was not rushing the experience. We linged in pools, looked at cray fish, crabs, etc. She told us the changes to the canyon since Hurricane Maria. The quick, efficient transitions allowed us to spend more time enjoying the 'fun' parts. Also of note: speed is safety in certain situations. If she needed to move us out quickly, I have no doubt she could have.

WIth her 20+ years experience doing this, I felt perfectly safe with Nathalie (and more importantly, I felt safe having my wife do it). If I don't feel safe, it's not fun. This was fun. Nathalie was entertaining, educated, funny, and energetic. Where that energy comes from, I have no idea. Don't let her slight build fool you; it's skills and brains that makes a good guide, not brute strength.

So, sorry to provide such a dry, technical review, but thought it was important.

The day was great, the canyon was amazing, and Nathalie did a phenomenal job.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank lostinplace45
TiNathKanion, Gérant at Ti Nath Kanion Canyoning Dominica, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2019

Thank you very much for this review, I did not know that I had an expert as a customer that day. Nathalie

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Nathalie was an incredible guide! She has over 15 years experience canyoning in Dominica, and we felt completely safe the whole time. We abseiled down waterfalls, jumped into pools (although she made sure we only did what we were comfortable with - if not, she would set up a rope and we could abseil in). It was absolutely beautiful, and a must do in Dominica!

Date of experience: March 2017
TiNathKanion, Propriétaire at Ti Nath Kanion Canyoning Dominica, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Thank you very much, always happy that you enjoyed the canyon and my professionalism.
This is the last opinion of the 2016/2017 season ... then there was Maria who devastated Dominica, so no season 2017/2018 ... it was the time needed for reconstruction.

Ti Nath Kanion re-opens in October 2018 ... see you soon!