“Wonderful Day”
Review of Bumpiing Tours

Bumpiing Tours
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours in Roseau
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see and experience what all the buzz is about. We have been providing the most fun-filled, safest, most personalized and educational tours/hikes on DOMINICA for years. We are with you every step of the way making sure you are safe at all times. Our tour groups are kept small so you feel like you are having a private tour even if you are with a group of 10-12 people. Like we always say, we won't just tell you to do something, we will do it with you. COME ENJOY THE NATURE ISLAND OF THE WORLD WITH US.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
West Chester, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Day”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I and our two boys (ages 23 and 16) booked our tour on Dominica with Bumpiing Tours and it was one of the highlights of our weeklong Caribbean cruise. First of all, Levi Baron was very responsive via email to our inquiries about the tour. He answered all of my questions and helped us determine the best tour for us. Secondly, he wants to make sure you have the best experience exploring his island. He is very involved throughout the tour - going snorkeling with you and pointing out unique underwater sights; he jumps in and swims with you at Titou Gorge; he sits with you in the hot springs, etc. There is no doubt that Levi takes great pride in his beautiful, lush island and wants to make sure you have an extraordinary experience while visiting. He is very attentive to his tour group and makes sure everyone is comfortable throughout the day. I strongly encourage you to visit Dominica - a beautiful and unique island - and to ask Levi to be your host while you are there. We had a wonderful day with Levi!

Redmond, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour....definitely worth it!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great day and great value! We went on the 3 waters tour with our guide Floor Board and driver Ozzy...they were terrific and a lot of fun! The Champagne Reef snorkeling was great, Titou Gorge was cold but amazing and worth it! Trafalgar Falls and the hot springs were beautiful. An awesome tour and an amazing and beautiful island! Totally recommend this trip with Bumpiing Tours!!

1 Thank Lynne B
Roxbury, New Jersey
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I finally had our tour with Levi on April 14 after being rained out on December 24. We had booked the Roseau Valley Treasures Wet Tour and met the tour group easily following the directions provided in our email confirmation. There were six tours going out that day, and we had the good fortune to have Levi as our guide.
We headed first to Champagne Reef where the group snorkeled. Levi provided equipment and belts for everyone, and took the group to areas that were less crowded. At one point he dove down and brought up a sea urchin and, after everyone had seen it, dove back down to replace it. It is obvious that Levi has a great love and respect for the ecology of his island!
Next we headed to Titou Gorge where we all plunged into the cold water. Levi was there with his ring to pull us through the current. After a swim through the gorge, we headed to Trafalgar Falls, where we took pictures of the beautiful waterfalls and hiked down to the hot springs.
Finally, Levi drove us to take pictures at Morne Bruce, giving us information along the way about the fruits found on the island and sharing with us his love for his home.
After the tour was done, we were dropped back at the ship with plenty of time to spare.
I cannot recommend this tour or Levi Baron enough. The tour is worth far more than was charged and you will definitely understand the beauty that is Dominica when you are through!

1 Thank principalcruiser
Redmond, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We visited April 9th, and did the Wet Tour with guides Floorboard and Ozzy!
-Directions were simple for meeting up, we got in the vans promptly and were on our way.
-The vans were nice and had lots of room, windows to open and ac.
-The Champagne reef was very cool and the guide dove down and pointed out some really cool stuff!
-Titou Gorge was unbelievable, a must see! Worth the swim and somewhat cold water. The trick is the keep treading water as much as possible to stay warm and the water is not cold.
-Trafalgar falls and the hot springs were all very cool! Somewhat crowded but easy to get away with lots to explore.
-Excellent tour! Guides were awesome in all groups we saw! Highly recommended!!

Tigard, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice trip, good value”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had booked the wet tour (Champagne Reef, Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls) and had great communication from Levi. His directions on where to meet and what time were excellent, and we got off the ship and met them between 830-9am. I think half the ship had booked with Bumpiing this time, but it was very well organized. About 9am they called our group and we headed over to our van where we met Floorboard (our guide) and Ozzy (the driver) and headed out for Champagne reef. As others have said, it can get VERY crowded at the reef getting in and it was a bit of an unorganized mess. There seemed to be a large # of people that day who didn't know how to snorkel or put on fins, and that combined with the rocky entrance made for an interesting time. We stayed off to one side and got in and went snorkeling, meeting up with our van group once they had managed to get in the water. It was a very good snorkeling trip, and the bubbles and variety of fish were very fun to see. We even saw a lobster and an octopus! Getting out was pretty easy, and we got our shoes back on and headed for the van. Off to Titou gorge, with a few stops for some viewpoint pictures etc. Unfortunately, when we got to the gorge, the water was too strong for us to go swimming, so that was a disappointment - but it gave us time to chill out and walk around and see some of the river, so it wasn't too bad. We then headed off to Trafalgar falls, which was beautiful, and because of the miss at the Gorge, we hiked down to the bottom. All I can say is, wow, I'm lucky I didn't break something - those rocks are slippery and I felt lucky to get down there in 1 piece. Floorboard did a good job keeping everyone together, but I'm not sure I would have done it had I known what I know now......! Alls well that ends well though! The pictures I took were amazing, and I have some good stories now! Then back to ship in plenty of time. I'd recommend this tour, but make sure you have a very good pair of water sandals (when Levi suggests something like Keen or Vibram, he's not kidding) I'm certain that I would have been much worse off if I haven't had my new Keens. I would also make sure that you feel very comfortable walking on uneven ground and don't have any balance issues - this is not the trip for you. If you are reasonably fit and have good shoes, go for it, it's a fun time. Looking forward to our next cruise stopping in Dominica, so maybe we can get Titou gorge next time!

1 Thank nerrag