“Booked w/ Levi online for friends *****”
Review of Bumpiing Tours

Bumpiing Tours
Ranked #5 of 28 Tours in Roseau
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see and experience what all the buzz is about. We have been providing the most fun-filled, safest, most personalized and educational tours/hikes on DOMINICA for years. We are with you every step of the way making sure you are safe at all times. Our tour groups are kept small so you feel like you are having a private tour even if you are with a group of 10-12 people. Like we always say, we won't just tell you to do something, we will do it with you. COME ENJOY THE NATURE ISLAND OF THE WORLD WITH US.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hi, my friends had a trip planned to Dominica and I decided to surprise them by booking a tour for them with Levi. They loved it so much, they booked a second tour during their trip. Reserving the tour was a breeze and Levi was very accommodating. They were picked up at their hotel and here is what they had to say:
"We had a great time on our excursion today with Levi. He took us up the westward coast to Portsmouth (less than 3000 people). We went up in elevation to heavy forest and we saw a parrot in the wild along with some other birds. It was just spectacular scenery. Then we made our way to the Indian River where a guide paddled us up the river about 3/4 mile. We saw land crabs and an Iguana. Next we saw Ft Shirley and finally we went for a swim at a beach nearby- so refreshing! We've decided to hire him again on Thurs." and "Both of our days with Levi were incredible! You really picked a great guide. Today, we saw Champagne Reef, Titou Gorge and Trafalger Falls so we had swimming experiences in the ocean (mild temp), cold fresh water (brr) and hot springs (ahhh). Levi is a handsome guy and I think one of most fit I've ever seen. He had our safety in mind the whole time while wanting to show us a fun time and we valued that." Thanks Levi!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We went on the "Wet Tour" in April 2012. Our guide, Gary, was wonderful! We visited champagne reef, Titou Gorge, and Trafalgar Falls. Highly, highly recommend Bumpiing Tours. This is a once-in-a-lifetime trip and we loved Dominica so much. We have discussed going back several times since our return.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Jsnusry 2012 was our first caribbean cruise and we were unsure of what to expect on the tours offered. prior to leaving on the cruise i thought i would give bumpiing a email to see what they ofered and was not disappointed. Garry was our guide and was right there to meet us and was there to guide us all of the way. We missed all of the cruise ship traffic by being at each of the attractions prior to the cruise ship tours. also we had much more included in our tour than the cruise ships offered for a much lower cost. Garry was very attentive; ensured ewiithveryone's safety and enjoyment with as much time (or as little) at each attraction as you want . If you want a great tour and fun day choose Bumpiing; they are fantastic.

1  Thank janet g
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I toured with Levi to Champagne Reef, Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge on 4/19/12. The locations we visited are filled with uneven surfaces, giant boulders and rocks, and are wet. Dominica is absolutely stunning and I echo all of the positive statements previous reviewers have made about these stops, so I want to focus my review on Levi's treatment of his guests and how he made the somewhat difficult terrain easy. I'm short, out of shape (unless you call round a shape), and clumsy, but Levi and my husband made these experiences seem easy as they helped me navigate along these locations.

Levi met us at the port and based on what I had previously read about him, I was really hoping he would be our tour guide. We got lucky and he was indeed our guide. Our transportation for the day was an air-conditioned and clean van. My husband and I sat in the front seat by Levi so we had a running conversation through the whole day. He has a great sense of humor, is knowledgeable about the island, and he did a nice job of making sure everyone was included in the conversation. He called people by their name, which made you feel like a friend instead of a client.

At our first stop, Champagne Reef, you enter the water from a rocky location. Despite there being a rubber mat to make it easier entering the water, it's not flat and, coupled with snorkeling fins, it's difficult to enter. One lady (in a different tour group) was obviously struggling and no one was helping her. Levi held my hand down the rubber mat, into the water, and continued until I was situated with my gear. At one point during the snorkel, he got my attention to make sure I was doing okay.

At Titou Gorge, I chose to walk into the pool rather than jump. The current was strong. Towards the back where you see the water fall, Levi swam ahead and threw a life preserver to those not strong enough to make it back there. I tried, but he could see early that I wasn't going to make it so he threw the preserver and towed my back there. Upon exiting, he stood back and waited for me so he could help me with the first steps out of the water.

At Trafalgar falls, especially the hot springs, I don't know that I could have even tried doing this without help. He told several of us in the group that we were going to take our time and throughout the path he pointed out where we should step. At one point, he put his foot on a huge boulder so I could use it as a stepping stone to get to the next one. I didn't use his foot, and he politely corrected me. I truly believe he was concerned for my safety. In addition, he was helping everyone (even those in different tour groups) throughout the trek to get to the hot springs. He was amazing to watch as he traversed the rocks--he made it look easy. In the hot springs, he was always present and there to help people navigate.

I highly recommend visiting Dominia with Levi. The day was relaxing and never rushed. I felt safe and "looked after" the whole time. I can't say enough good things about Levi and this tour.

Levi--your island is beautiful but you made the tour! If you make it back to Colorado, we would love to see you and we'll definitely use your tour again if we travel to Dominica!

2  Thank chirpy12345
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were stopping in Dominica with RC'S Serenade of the Seas cruise, and were hoping to make the best of the Island as there were so many different attractions that appealed to us. Bumpiing tours offered a combination of 3 sites. The first was to snorkel in Champagne Bay, where bubbles from the gasses of thermal activity below ground break thru, and the experience was that of swimming in champagne. There is a small hike to the bay from the parking. The beach is a bit rocky, but there is a long rubber mat to access the water by (also to protect the marine life that grows offshore). Your guide will accompany you in the water and point out various sea life. Swimming off on our own, we missed the octopus and sea turtle, but saw many varieties of fishes including eels. From there, we were taken up a mountain past the Botanical gardens where Kevin pointed out many varieties of plant life. He was very knowledgeable about the plants, describing their uses and give out copious amounts of information the whole tour. We stopped at an overlook to see Rouseau from above and were shown many sites in the town. There was a small market for souvenir shopping - great food treats like coconut fudge - as well.
From there we proceeded thru the mountains to Ti Tou Gorge, featured in Pirates of the Caribbean II, for a swim. Here you can choose to climb up beside the small falls and jump into the water, which was refreshing.
Last stop was Trafalgar Falls. Getting there involved a hike over some tricky terrain...bring good watershoes or Keens. Once you neared the falls, there were warm pools (from underground heat) to soak in...or you could clamber over more rocks and get to cooler water from the falls.
The terrain is mountainous, green and lush. Our driver, Asher, drove for the crew of Pirates.
We were very impressed with both the beauty of Dominica and the tour. We were told it would be about 4 hours, but it was more like 6, which gave us just enough time to do a bit of shopping near the pier before boarding. Bring snacks if you think you may get hungry, but there is also a market and a small snack shop at Trafalgar Falls.
If you want to get the best of Dominica in a great package this is the one to pick.

2  Thank laxjunkies