“the Cowell's”

Cherry Orchard Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roseau
Cherry Orchard Apartments
Ranked #6 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Roseau
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Cherry Orchard apartment so much! The apartment is very comfortable and clean - it had everything we needed. The grounds and view were beautiful, and the owners so very helpful for anything we needed. They took very good care of us! We spent most days hiking on the nearby segments of the Waitukubili trail and browsing the shops in Roseau. Dominica is a very beautiful island, and the people here are very friendly! We loved it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gary c
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My teen daughter and I had a very good stay here in September 2012 . This place has breath taking views .Grounds are well manicured and property is well kept overall . The humming birds do love it here as well , i saw many species of humming birds here . Caretakers are friendly and informative . I wanted to explore the Rosseau Valley and this was the perfect location. I never had time to use the kitchen :) So didnt care about what was in that area , refridgerator and Tv was good . I had the locals cook for me each day . Plus i was too busy exploring the area from the ripe fruits falling off the tree on the roads to sparking up various conversation with the friendliest, kindest people on earth . Needless to say i extended my stay at Cherry Orchard . This is within walking distance to Trafalgar Falls and the local river and Zoo ( love the zookeeper , such a talented fellow built it all from scratch ) . On my fifth day after exploring i rented a vehicle explored the area in depth and i am speechless , this is heaven ! Will be back for Reunion 2014 .

Room Tip: rooms are decent size , the location is perfect for hikers .
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very inexpensive apartment below the owner's house in Trafalgar. The apartment would have benefitted from a good airing before we arrived. A good frying pan would have been useful! If you're used to urban living the barking dogs during the night probably won't bother you. Keeping the bedroom cool could be achieved by running the fan. Access to the parking area, if you are in a hire car, is challenging. Having said all this the location is great for Trafalgar Falls, Roseau, Waven Whatten and all they have to offer.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QuaySmithTravellers
Reviewed March 18, 2010

M y spouse and I decided to spend 4 days at the Cherry Orchard apartment primarily because of its proximity to a number of sites that we wanted to visit in Dominica (hot sulphur springs, Trafalgar Falls, etc.). What a great choice! The apartment is spotless, it was more spacious than we'd expected, the kitchen had everything we needed to cook simple meals, the views of the valley were lovely, and the owner was kind and helpful. After a day of hiking and sightseeeing, we would grab a Kubuli beer and a rum punch and cool off in the shade of the garden a few steps from the apartment. The roads right around Cherry Orchard were a bit of a challenge at first (this is Dominica, after all), but we got used to that quickly.
I would recommend Cherry Orchard if you want to be close to the sites near the Roseau Valley, you are looking for the convenience of a clean, well-equipped efficiency apartment, and you appreciate really good value.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple