Castle Comfort Dive Lodge
$107
Beau Rive(Castle Bruce)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe reefsboat captainoctopusgreat divingocean viewthe entire staffwhale watching tourevery morningrum punchlion fishhelpful in arranging toursminute walk from the hoteljust returned from a week longonsite restaurantinteresting fishintimate resortroom was small but clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Our recent dive vacation did not disappoint on the variety of critters for underwater photography, excellent dive staff, large boats, safe operation, short rides to sites and
great shore diving. One whale trip that week only saw a few distant flukes, but 2nd trip
had more sightings. Our room was right over air compressors, which service cruise ship
tours, so heard many tanks being filled daily; although the best views of water and mountains were from this room. The pool is above ground and tiny and the advertised hot tub is non-existant. Cooked to order breakfasts were yummy, coffee is ready by 7:00 a.m.
Waterfront is rocky, no beach, tricky exit with rocks and urchins near steps, easy entrance with a giant stride at end of dock into deep water.
The island is amazing, our trips to Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls with lunch at a jungle Inn in Laudat, with sulphur hot pool soak at Tia's was the highlight.
The sunsets are lovely. Try the homemade flavored rums or rum punch. The fish dinners
were a big disappointment, the pizzas were very good, as well as jerk chicken and crab
salad plate.
This is the perfect little no frills small dive hotel. In my older age I need a few more creature comforts. Comfortable seating was non existant, white plastic was the norm.
The 1 hr 45 min transfer each way to the airport over harrowing roads through the rain
forrest was draining, but you do see some spectacular scenery. Our last night there we
had to get up for a 4:30 am trip to airport and a very loud band played until 3:15 am down the street. We heard this is standard for Friday nights. We were the last to check in
for 7 am flight.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We had four days at Castle Comfort and the hotel itself was lovely, as were the staff. However, if I was going again I'd make sure I pre-booked a room as far away from the front as possible as the road is very busy from 6 am to about 9 pm and, in the room we had (2), it was as though it came right through! Also, the kitchen staff arrive at 7 am and don't leave until 10 pm and we were next to the kitchen too! So, not somewhere for peaceful nights, though it's reasonably quiet between 10 pm and 6 am so it depends when you sleep! And to add insult to injury, all the rooms except those on the front have balconies/decks where you can sit out and also dry wet towels, swimwear, etc. and ours didn't. So: nice hotel, bad room.

The Lodge has a bar and restaurant and the food is very good. The dive centre staff were great and the diving relatively tame - lots of lovely coral, fish, turtles and even seahorses, and all easily accessible even for beginners.

The best thing was sitting out in the evening, right on the seafront, watching the sun going down with a rum punch!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We just got back from Dominica where we spent a week at Castle Comfort diving with Dive Dominica. What an amazing trip we had! The dive lodge was great, nothing fancy but very clean and comfortable, perfect for a dive vacation. The service at Castle Comfort was great! Everyone was smiling and helpful. The food and the bar were delicious! I consider myself to be a bit of a "foodie" and I was excited at every meal! Everthing was fresh and yummy. The cocktails were beautiful and delivered with a smile!

We chose the "Reef and Rainforest" package which I would highly recommend. We added 2, two tank dives and upgraded one of our hikes to go to boiling lake which is awesome! A bit challenging (16 miles) but if you are in good shape, don't miss it! The additional cost was very reasonable. The hikes were all guided by very interesting and fun local guides and we went to the most beautiful waterfalls and pools. We had a blast!

Now the dive operation. Dive Dominica is owner by the same owners as Castle Comfort and the service and professionalism surely reflects this. Again, safety was always first with the great crew but we had so much fun and the dive masters were great at pointing out interesting fish and seahorses that we might have missed otherwise.

All in all this was one of the best vacations we've ever had. If you are a diver (or even if you aren't!) Castle Comfort is terrific!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We chose Castle Comfort because of the small size of the hotel and because of the dive and hike package we could get with our room. Other reviews did not lie we had a wonderful wonderful time. The staff were wonderful and so helpful. They were friendly and so willing to share things to do on the island. THe team at Dive Dominica were superb as well. This was our first time diving since our certification and they were so helpful and really watched out for us. My only negative comment would be that all the faucets leaked in our room and the toilet kept running which bothered me from an environmental standpoint. Regardless of leakey faucets, we will be back here in the next few years with our children. A BIG thank you to all at Castle Comfort Dive Lodge for a wonderful first trip to Dominica.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I've recently returned from a scuba diving trip to Dominica and am already searching the travel sites for deals on airfare for my return trip. I'm somewhat inclined not to even leave a review of my holiday with Dive Dominica as much of its charm lay in the quaint hotel and small group sizes on the dive boat. Nonetheless, I'll take that chance as Dominica is a unique jewel and the people at Dive Dominica/Castle Comfort really make it sparkle.

I've been on many dive trips over the years that have spanned liveaboard cruises to research expeditions with conservation groups and everything in between. Far and away this is my favorite. The diving is fantastic in the Scotts Head Marine Reserve and the 24 hour access to full tanks means you can take advantage of the cool shore dive at any hour.

The hotel is family run and the Perryman's go out of their way to ensure everyone has anything they might need. I highly recommend DIve Dominica and the Castle Comfort Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2009