In April we traveled to Castle Comfort on Dominica. We stayed for 10 days. The dive operation, Dive Dominica, is housed within Castle Comfort making diving very easy and convenient. Our last visit to Castle Comfort was 17 years ago with a dive group of 10. This time we went by ourselves. This visit, as was the case many years ago, was wonderful. Our room was spacious and had an ocean view and the food was also very good. It might be best described as not too fancy, not too plain. It was interesting and local. One very important improvement from our first visit is the very well healed bar whose bartenders are able to make any drink you wish.
Every morning we arose to breakfast and then we were off to prepare for diving. The crew brought our gear on to the boat and we then put our kits together. Each morning it was 2 boat dives and in the afternoon it was possible to do a shore dive. Twice a week a night dive was also offered. The dive masters gave briefings before each dive and in most cases there was a guide leading and one trailing the group. Group size varied considerably from day to day. The diving whether day or night features coral formations, sponges (lots of sponges), reef fish and a variety of invertebrates. The guides hunted down lionfish on every dive but we never encountered a shark even after having taken a number of lionfish. Frogfish were very abundant and easily photographed.
It is an easy 1mile walk to the largest town on the island, Roseau. One can also book various day trips through Castle Comfort which we took advantage of by taking a guided bird walking tour into the rain forest with a knowledgeable guide.
Castle Comfort has retained the very relaxed ambience we remember from our previous trip. Good diving, good food, and excellent accommodations made for a very enjoyable vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Caribbean dive lodge located just one mile south of Dominica's capital, Roseau. With true Caribbean ambiance, our traditional style guest house makes you feel like a family member - as casual, relaxed and as comfortable as your favourite pair of slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Castle Comfort Dive Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Comfort Dive Hotel Roseau
- Castle Comfort Dive Lodge Dominica/Roseau