Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center
  • Restaurant
Beau Rive(Castle Bruce)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswhale watchingsperm whalesthree occasionslarge catamaranfirst floorrum punchbed was very comfortableoverlooking the oceandiveboatcrewdominicamattressesguideec
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a family run business and they truly make you feel right at home.

We had an "awful" experience reserved at the Hummingbird Inn hotel in Roseau. The hotel was undergoing renovations and never bothered to inform us. Upon arrival, it was not acceptable to my liking. It was suggested to us to stay at the Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center and boy....am I glad we did. I asked to see the room first and was amazed at the location, the view and the price. The staff is lovely and very friendly. You have the opportunity to eat, make new friends, and enjoy the "family". I was there 9 days and had the pleasure of sharing this joyful experience with new friends I met while there. We participated in the Dive fest activities; was escorted to a Dive fest party by a member of the family/staff; went Whale watching, enjoyed the Iron Chef competition, went to church service with a staff member and then to the Sulphur springs. Most importantly, enjoyed my birthday celebration with a cake provided by the hotel. The location is GREAT, because you can hop on the bus (vehicle with an "H" in the license plate) and go right into town. Bus stops right in front of the hotel. The hotel just hired a new hotel manager (Steve) who is updating the hotel procedures. He's friendly and fits right in and makes sure you will enjoy your stay. He shared with the chef that I LOVED pineapples. They made sure I had pineapples every breakfast. The hospitality is out of this world.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to ANYONE who ventures to travel to Dominica. You will NOT regret it!!!

Thank you Anchorage......May God Bless you and your growth.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nita L
Reviewed June 3, 2013

i like the hotel. some friends and i we staid there for some days the prices is not bad at all seeing the location of the hotel with hot water and WiFi and a very helpful and friendly staff . it's just a few min word or drive from town i did not go whale watching the hotel is recommended to be # 1 on the island for whale watching. the hotel has a very nice view over the pool and the bay you can hear the ocean and its waives making music with a beauty full sun set and view of the cruse ship

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

There are no big chain hotels on Dominica. Everything is relaxed. Stayed at the Anchorage 3/13. I'd describe it as rustic but adequate. Excellent friendly staff. Plain rooms, just a bar of soap in the spacious bathroom, but very reasonably priced. Got a room for three days and a free two tank scuba dive for $242 total. Ask for room with wifi else be prepared to connect using a cable. Free wifi in the lobby and bar. AC worked well, sound of the waves on the surf put me to sleep at night. Try the local rum SOCA. Local foods are Bananas Plantains, rice and beans, sweet potatoes, fish and chicken.
Rum punch was a bit sweet but great, jerk chicken a little spicy.
Rugged country! Great rain forests, tour to the volcanoes or boiling lake.
Good dive shop within the hotel, Dive Dominica, rental gear, nothing for sale. No cruise ships in port so we hash the dive boat all to ourselves, basically a private dive. Hotel is an hour and a half drive from the airport, but a really nice tour of the rain forest and trails.
Much different world from the hustle and bustle of main land.
Narrow roads and quick drivers make walking to town inadvisabile.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the bar have wifi access.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jon450
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked to take a whale watching trip. When I arrived the trip had been cancelled. I wasted time and taxi fare getting to/from the hotel. There was no explanation why the trip had been cancelled. No apology. They had not bothered to contact me to notify me of the cancellation, despite having both my email and mobile contacts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank chip60
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel on first appearances blends in with the other tired properties along this stretch of road at Castle Comfort a mile and half south of Roseau town where we had arrived from Martinique on the Express des Iles ferry. We quickly picked up a taxi and in 10 minutes where at the hotel. Once past the entrance it opened out to view over the pool and the bay with moored yachts gently rolling at anchor ad moorings. We were well received and shown to our room by a helpful young lady. Our bags were carried to our room which was on the third floor and no lifts. Our room sided on to the stony beach and we had a view back to the cruise ship pier at Roseau and down on the swimming pool and bar so right in the centre of action. There are a number of hotels along this strip all very quiet but of a better standard. Breakfast which was included was continental and very unimaginative. The one night we dined was their BBQ night combined with a function so we were mixed in with the rest. Probably if that had not been wn, there may have only been a couple of other guests. They run diving trips and whale watching from the hotel. There are regular taxi buses into town at a cost of EC$1.75 each way.

Room Tip: Try and get a ground floor room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple