“One Love with Sheppee (our new best friend)”
Review of Sheppee Fun Tours

Sheppee Fun Tours
Ranked #4 of 28 Tours in Roseau
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore deep into the heart of paradise with SHEPPEE FUN TOURS.Our aim is to make Dominica the highlight destination of your entire vacation while our main priority is your security...one love...sheppee....
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Irvine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“One Love with Sheppee (our new best friend)”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were in Dominica on a Windstar cruise last week and after reading all the great reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked a day tour with Sheppee. I originally told him, I was hoping to get some other passngers to go on the tour with us, but that didn't work out. When we met him and told him it was just the two of us, it was no problem with Sheppee.
We started the day by going snorkeling at Champagne Beach. To get there, we drove through Sheppee's home town which he affectionately calls Sheppeeville. That's the kind of guy he is. We told him he should run for mayor, at which point he explained the entire governmental system of Dominica. I wish I knew that much about the U.S!
So we get to the beach where he's arranged a snorkeling guide who was also fabulous. The guide told us what we were looking at and would dive down and point it out and then repeat what it was. The snorkeling there is a lot of fun with all the Champagne bubbles coming up from the sea floor.
Next stop was the gorge where they filmed part of Pirates of the Carribean. We (incl. Sheppee)swam through a really scenic cave / grotto, climbed up a small waterfall & jumped back in. Talk about cool!
Whenever we'd get back in the van, he was serving us cold beers, water, juice, etc.
Next was the twin Trafalgar Falls and it's sulfur baths (think outdoor natural jacuzzi). Near there he took us to some boiling sulfur springs. Not to be confused with the warm baths, these are actually boiling out of the ground.
He also took us to the Botannical Gardens and a pretty cool look out over Rosseau.
The whole time, he's mxing personal stories and ancedotes with historical factual information. All in all it was a great day, easily making Dominica our favorite port on the cruise.
Thanks Sheppee. One love.
Brian & Meg

Visited February 2014
1 Thank OhBrian

• Polish first
West Kelowna, Canada
“Definitely the best tour of all the islands thanks to Sheppee!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

There was a frenzy of drivers bidding for our fare, so we are very grateful that Sheppee happened to be there that day. Our day long experience with him was perfect from the informative drive to the falls, including a fruit break with Mr. Nice, to a beautiful beach stop for lunch and a tour of the town. Sheppee kept us informed and laughing the entire day and I cannot recommend his tour highly enough!

Visited February 2014
nyc
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great day with Sheppee”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

First time in Roseau Dominica arriving on our cruise ship for the day. Had booked Sheppee ( sheppee@sheppeefuntours.com) for an island tour including the Emerald Pool, Trafalgar Falls, the Botanical Gardens, etc. He was amazing with his knowledge about the flora, history, current events, and all information about his beloved island. It was such a funday because of Sheppee's ebullient personality. He had us all (6 of us) laughing and getting to know him and each other. He played music to make us sing ! What a fun day we all had thanks to Sheppee's knowledge and wonderful warm spirit !

Visited January 2014
Laurel Fork, Virginia
“1st. Time in Dominica-Top Rate Tour”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great tour. Four of us in our group. Our first time in Dominica couldn't have been better. We told Sheppee what we liked in regards to island tours and he didn't disappoint us. From the botanical gardens to what the locals eat. UMM. GOAT. You gotta try it island style. I am disabled and use a mobility scooter. Sheppee hauled it in his van and got it out for me when I needed it. Can't wait to go back. Maybe Sheppeeville will be in the future.

Visited January 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You must visit Shepeeville!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

When cruising we try to book local tour guides for a real taste of the island. Shepee is more than a guide, he is your friend. He's humorous and very knowledgeable about his island. Not too mention very funny! He takes time to get to know everyone and I loved lunch at the local restaurant. I had shrimp curry which was fabulous and my food allergies were no problem - lunch was hand made to order. He knows what order to see the sights and tips to make sure his groups don't wait in line. Take your swimsuit! I missed swimming to the gorge so I guess I'll have to go back. See you soon Shepee!

Visited November 2013