“Extreme Dominica - Extreme Fun”

Extreme Dominica Canyoning & Adventure Tours
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Roseau
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Antigua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Extreme Dominica - Extreme Fun”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had Extreme Dominica recommended to us as a different way of enjoying our vacation so we signed up with Extreme Dominica for the Canyoning Tour.
Richard & Naji were very conscientious about their training and the emphasis was definitely on safety first. There was a group of 10 of us with differing levels of experience and they ensured that we all had a good time. After going through the training, we were taken up into the hills to rappel down our first canyon. They slowly went through each rappel talking about foot position etc. and we felt totally safe in their hands.
There are other parts to the tour as well but we won't spoil your fun, we can just say that if you want a real adrenalin filled adventure that is safe, fun and will show you a different side to Dominica, just GO!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank canu1761

Mendota Heights, Minnesota, United States
“Best experience on the island!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had been wanting to try canyoning for quite a while and finally got the chance to do it this month and it was hands down the most fun thing I've done on this island! Even one of the girls in our group who was afraid of heights had an absolute blast. The staff is fun and amazing and they ensure that you are safe and comfortable at all times. Afterwards we were given some hot cocoa tea which was delicious. Overall, I would definitely recommend this to everyone. I will definitely be coming back!

Visited August 2013
Kralendijk, Bonaire
3 attraction reviews
“Great canyoning trip in the Roseau valley”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We, my girlfriend, her 7yo daughter and me, visited Dominica for the first time. We stayed 6 nights at the cocoa cottages, a beautiful location in roseau valley. They offered Canyoning true Extreme Dominica Canyoning tours. We were in a group with 7 americans and us 3 dutch. The 2 guides did an excellent job getting us ready. That meant handing out all the gear and then a small training unit at their center in the valley. And after a 12 minute drive, we arrived at the canyon. The guides were very professional and were ready to answer any question. And they also took time to talk to our 7yo daughter.

The first time descending along the rope was a challenge for all of us, but after that it was all just great fun. And our daughter wanted to be the first at every jump in the water, at every "endless" deep and steep cliff. When we finally climbed out of the canyon we couldn't believe we had spent 3.5 hours there. Time flew! At the very end, we all had some cocoa-tea at the cocao cottages, a specialty of the house.

We will do it again, next time when we're in Dominica!

Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Extreme fun even for those with a fear of heights!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was traveling with a group who wanted to try canyoning. Although I was intrigued, I was apprehensive because I am afraid of heights. To say that I was scared in the beginning would be an understatement; I started crying as soon as we began. The guides were amazing! They spoke so softly to make me feel safe. I chose not to do some of the jumps that the others were enjoying so much and the patient guides simply let me repel down.
The views were beautiful, and the feeling of accomplishment at the end was phenomenal. I would highly recommend this adventure to anyone visiting Dominica.

Long Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went canyoning with Extreme Dominica in July, 2013. I had not even heard about it but had the time of my life. The canyon was like nothing I have ever seen, and I have travelled all over the world. Some of the folks I was with were really scared and the guides knew exactly what to do to make them feel comfortable and so accomplished when we were done. I would recommend this trip to everyone. Oh, and the coffee/chocolate tasting at the end was wonderful too!