“As good as it gets”

Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Roseau
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I came to Dominica on our honeymoon. We found Extreme Dominica's canyoning tours online, and booked canyoning for our first day. The owners, Richard and Liz, were fantastic! They helped us get to know the island and we ended up doing 3 separate outings through them.

We went canyoning twice it was so much fun. We learned how to rappel on their training wall, and spent several hours jumping and rappelling from pool to pool, working our way down the canyon. We videotaped the adventure on a mounted helmet cam, it's definitely worth the extra $50. On our second trip down, we rappelled down the 200ft+ Trafalgar Falls waterfall. It was one of the most intense experiences of my life.

Richard and Liz also have great connections with some of the best local guides. Their guide Nahjie took us on the 6 hour hike to Boiling Lake, where we got some of the best pictures of our entire trip. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We got married in Dominica and have always loved its rugged, unspoiled beauty. This was a new adventure for us. My husband had done some rappelling before--but only straight down and not in the jungle. I'd done nothing like this and was nervous. The staff was caring and we had a practical orientation at their HQ before setting out. The scenery was gorgeous. Before the trip was done, we were ready to return on a longer, overnight trip that culminates down Victornia Falls! (Clearly, we'll need to log some hours first!)

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We did this tour on a cruise and it was really neat. We had never done anything like this before and were nervous about canyoning. We both are moderately fit and had no problem. There were also older people and young children participating with no problem. I recommend the GoPro camera rental if you don't have your own! Awesome to repel down a gorgeous canyon and walk through crystal clear waters!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have always loved waterfalls, grew up with them in Ithaca, NY, visited many in Brazil, Niagara, of course, a few in Costa Rica....Waterfall rappelling in Dominica- my first (but definitely not last) was fantastic. We climbed, rappelled, jumped into pools, swam, floated, in a wild, beautiful canyon gorge that was total eye candy. Although we had all the gear, safety lines, and guides, there was definitely a thrill factor to it. I caught the bug- next time, maybe the advanced rappelling down something bordering on crazy. Bring it on!
Jackie M

1  Thank Jackstah
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Went canyoning a while back with a friend, this review is actually long overdue. I think two years ago. I was on the Princess cruise; they picked us up and dropped us off in a timely manner. They are EXTREMELY SAFETY conscience. My friend has problems with heights and extreme sports, and you may say he is cluster phobic, but I made him come along with me. Half way through canyonning, my friend said he twisted his ankle, but I think he actually had a panic attack, and couldn't repel down on one of the cliffs. So Nahjie climbed back up and repelled down with him. A round of applause!!. They helped him down and they were completely PATIENT AND CONCERNED for his well-being. They kept asking how is ankle was throughout the rest of the adventure back to the cottage. My friend was so scarred and hesitant about their professionalism and safety at first, but then felt completely comfortable and trustworthy. He thanked me for making him come along because he would have missed out on a beautiful and different experience. He was also very thankful for Jeffrey and Nahjie. They are very professional and their main concern is your safety. Repel, jump, and mini- zip line right over and besides waterfalls in a beautiful canyon in Dominica. I would definitely do this again.