“Wonderful Whalewatching trip”

Castle Comfort Diving Lodge/Dive Dominica
More attraction details
Owner description: Castle Comfort Lodge is the epitome of a small intimate Caribbean dive lodge, located one mile south of the capital Roseau.We are a 14 room dedicated family owned and operated dive resort and also home to Dive Dominica.We are Dominica´s first dive center and lodging.Castle Comfort and Dive Dominica is your one stop shop to create your own Dominican experience Hikes, snorkel, whale and dolphin safaris and deep sea fishing excursions. Let us make your Dominican island experience treasurable !
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from an anniversary trip to Dominica. Whilst there we enjoyed a whalewatching trip with Dive Dominica. The trip lasted about 5 hours, longer than expected as we did not see whales at the beginning of the trip. The crew were friendly and informative did their best to find the whales staying out longer than they needed until we spotted some. We were very lucky to see 2 sperm whales and enjoyed delicious rum punch on the way back to the dock.

1  Thank TurksandCaicosClj

Reviewed June 25, 2009

We arrived from our cruise-ship-dive-boat (we love the luxury of living on a cruise ship while diving varied locations!). We were doing 7 ports of call, all "dive-able" and we considered making Dominica a "rest day". We are SO glad we dove there. Dive Dominica was well organized, decent equipment, good boat and we had two great dives for our group of six - which included 4 newly certified divers. We did a wall dive and "Champagne" - swimming in a sea of bubbles was cool! I was sorry to see the bad review from a few years ago. The operation now (2009) was great - we felt safe and in good hands. I have no problem recommending them. Dominica is a "new" tourist destination, not for everyone, but its pristine beauty is undeniable. Its poverty is also there - this isn't a rich island like most of the others - but if you don't crave all the pampering, give it a try and you'll enjoy it.

4  Thank cruiseshipdiver
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We dove 3 days with this operation and were lucky enough be on their newest catamaran vessel. A large covered area, plenty of space, excellent ladders, with a bathroom, the rides are only 20-30 min. to Scott's Head . The captain and divemasters were friendly and professional and there were no incidents during our dives (no missing divers, bad air fills, or malfunctioning rental gear). The diving in Dominica is some of the finest in the Caribbean (albeit expensive-all the dive shops were similarly priced) as the result of early establishment of the Marine Preserve and no commercial fishing. Divemasters knew all the sites intimately and were adept a pointing out lots of creatures for the photographers. The dive shop has 3 other boats and if you dive out of the Fort Young Hotel, you are actually diving with Castle Comfort.

1  Thank dr_odd
Reviewed December 16, 2007

I visited Dominica last month on a cruise ship and dove 1 day with anchorage and they were good. So I flew back to dominica to dive 4 days and decided to try dive dominica. They had a nice combination of that Caribbean laid back attitude and professionalism..It made for a great experience. We typically had the dive boat all to ourselves, great weather and great diving.

I highly recommend this place and I have been to lots of great places so I know quality when I experience it. feel free to e-mail me with any questions about this island as I have been there 2x in past month.

Enjoy

Jon

2  Thank TravelMan927
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Myself and a friend did our PADI Open Water certs. through Dive Dominica in Dec 2006. We had a brilliant time and Jaime our instructor made sure of this! Not only is it value for money they´re also very professional and an extremely friendly bunch of people.
We would recommend Dive Dominica to anyone.
Jaime rocks!!