“Don't expect pristine clear spa water!”

Screw's Sulphur Spa
Ranked #14 of 111 things to do in Dominica
Reviewed April 30, 2013

You must take off your pretenses and just revive and relax in this cloudy/sulphur water spa! This is not a chlorinated pool. These are all hand built with native stone, mucky, sulphur water pools that will take your stress and troubles away. Don't be put-off by the water. It's fantastic!

1  Thank Sun4me247
"three hours"
"warm water"
"another couple"

Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I think of a Hot Springs, I picture being surrounded by forests and out in nature! The Screw Sulphur Hot Springs was everything I ever imagined!! You must, must visit here! There is no strong sulphur smell and there are various springs with varying temperatures from cool to quite hot. Changing rooms are provided. I would recommend wearing water shoes as it is easier navigating the steps to the different levels . When you leave, they put out trays of fresh fruit.. A nice touch.
The cost of $10 per person was well worth it for this beautiful adventure.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is most definitely a "one-of-a-kind" place! Screws sulphur spa on the Nature Island of Dominica is a fed by hot springs that are loaded with natural occuring sulphur. They have channeled the water into 5 different pools, so you can choose the temperature that fits you. I can tell you from experience the hottest one is definitely HOT! They have built the rock pools to better contain the water, but kept it very natural so you feel like you are in the jungle. Except for the creole music being blasted from behind every rock. It's worth the trip up the mountain that will relax you for the rest of the day. PS don't mind the brownish water, that because it is full of sulphur, the most I have felt in any I have been in! You will not forget this experience!

1  Thank naturalcouple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Screws Spa,
I started going to screws spa on the recommendation of a friend who said that after my back surgery screws spa was what I needed.
Well I must say my friend was right,
I was not at all prepared for what i found at Screws, hidden in the village of wotton waven, right above Roseau,Screws is secluded in a valley gorge where there are five spas,four of different temperatures,one very hot and one very cold Spa, Screws himself a herbalist or Rasta as he is known recommended the Hot and Cold spa for me and man did it work, after about one hour in the spas I felt drained and knew it was time to leave, so I went home totally out of energy only to wake up about three hours later refreshed and with energy to burn, my wife was amazed at my new appetite for everything during out stay in Dominica and of-course whenever we go t o Dominica Screws spa is a must,
It was whilst on one of my trip to Screws Spa that I met this older English lady, told me she was eighty five years old and she said to me, Young Man, I come to Dominica about three times a year and always come back to screws and she continued and said,'' If there is a Heaven on earth I swear, it is in Dominica, It is at Screws''.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Someone went to great lengths to construct the housing for these beautiful natural spas! The rock walls and artistic touches are fabulous and impressive. And there are different temperatures throughout the spas, so if you like it hot - it can be hot! We spent a good hour here and if there hadn't been more on our itinerary, we would have loved to spend the whole day! We were then treated to a tray of fresh fruit after drying off and getting ready to leave. Highly recommend!