“Interesting experience”

$64.00*
and up
Complete Island Tour of Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: At 1,200 feet, the mountain is home to many deer.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wouldn't miss this park, but the roads are only fair and the park offices and facilities close early (before lunch), so don't plan on returning for a bite to eat after you have visited. There were some very nice views climbing up the hill, but the roadway had it's challenges.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I did this hike as a kid (with my aunt), and now I went back 20 years later to do it with my kid!

The park road has some ups and downs, but it is paved, so the little rental car had no problems at all. The parking area was not paved and had a few ruts.

My brother in law and I each took our 3 and 4 year old kids up here, so it's not too difficult or dangerous. Don't be afraid. No more 'exposure' than climbing up a playground. It feels worse because you are at a high elevation, but really, if you fall, you won't tumble all the way down the mountain!

You will need at least 1 adult for each kid, and you should be prepared to lift them up over your head a few times, to get up the steepest bits near the top. It took about 3 hours total (up and down).

The trail was constructed with no thought for erosion, so the rains have eroded the trail into a 3-feet deep V-notch in some places.

We went during the heat of the day, so didn't see much wildlife. There was a brief (5-10minute) rain shower but we just happened to be near a large rock overhang, so we were sheltered. The view from the top is fantastic!

There are no garbage cans, so bring a backpack to carry out your empty water bottles.

1  Thank timvan_78
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am almost 40 and out of shape and I easily did the climb in an hour....yes, wear long light pants so you don't get scraped up with cactus needles, and get there earrrrrrllllyyy before it is hot, but don't let the other reviews scare you....once you get to the top, you will forget it was ever hard. I wouldn't take a young child or elderly person due to safety concerns, but everyone else can just take their time and enjoy.

1  Thank DaydreamerTraveller
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was the second time at Curaçao for my friend and the first time she couldn’t make it to the Christoffel Park. Therefor we rented a car and visited the park. There are 2 routes, which you can drive through. It is a really big park area. We make only one route, because it wasn’t that interesting as we expected to be. We saw a lot of Geckos and Iguanas, some parrots and very nice viewing points, where you could take some pictures. The driving through the park was like a off road adventure because it really goes up and down.

I wouldn’t make the tour a second time, but it was interesting to see the park. We have been told that in the morning hours there are much more animals to see. When we went to the park it was almost 12 o’clock, so there weren’t much animals.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its a car tour, takes 2.5 hours and you get out every 5 minutes to see something. Some things were neat (ruins, caves, viewpoints) some were terrible (blocked paths, or the copper mine thats a fenced off hole. Didnt get to hike the peak as we had our young kids with us.