“Best food truck”
Review of BBQ Express

BBQ Express
Ranked #2 of 4 Quick Bites in Willemstad
Description: Local Food truck with the best grill in town. We aim to serve our clients with great tasting food in a reasonable time frame.
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Curacao food trucks after a night out is a must. This one is a must must do! Very good and great service.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 4, 2019

You can get a large tray of french fries with your choice of topping, chicken or beef (and probably others). The meat is seasoned and very flavorful, then you pick your choice of sauce to put on it, they have about 10 to choose from. The food trucks don't open until 9:00 PM by law, but the food is DELICIOUS!

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Once again I am baffled by people's ratings. This is just your ordinary food truck that's open between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. . That should be your first clue. They cater to the drunken masses that pour out of the bars on a nightly basis in Curacao. The high ratings are left by people who are probably drunk and can't tell the difference anyway.

They serve pre-cooked Meats that are reheated on a grill when you order them. This produced a choice of meats that was thoroughly overcooked. The chicken was slathered with this soy sauce concoction that was so salty that it made it inedible. The pork chop, all three mm of it, was dry and stiff and reminded me of Saddle leather that had been ridden hard for years. The beef was on the acceptable side albeit a little overdone. The ribs were The Only Thing Worth eating in the whole box. The ribs seem to be a braised type rib smothered in a sauce I wouldn't quite call barbecue but it's close. Incidentally, the name Bar-B-Q Express is very misleading as I did not see any evidence of a barbecue anywhere on the premises, either inside or out. This stuff all seems to be cooked on a griddle. There's a choice of nine or ten sauces to smother this boot leather in. If you are impressed with mayonnaise mixed with some other condiment then , you will be impressed with these sauces. Because, that's all they are... mayonnaise. To add insult to injury, my Curacaoian buddy smothered the entire plate with all these sauces . It was not at all pleasing to the eye. There is however, a delightful chimichurri available and in my opinion the only thing that saved this meal. The meal is also served with a plethora of piping hot, fresh french fries, cooked to perfection. Should I return, I would probably buy just the ribs and the French fries then slather them with chimichurri. Otherwise, I'll pass on this place. Once again it seems that most people just don't seem to know any better

Date of visit: February 2019
Channon T, Public Relations Manager at BBQ Express, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear OldProChef
We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a satisfactory one. We are very aware that what we have to offer does not appeal to everyone. Which is why we cater to a certain target audience and have tailored our food around this specific audience. BBQ Express is more than a simple food truck, it is a brand and our fans love it. Our high ratings have to do with loyalty and appreciation of what we have to offer. We consider our customers as family and as with any family we support and respect one another. Which is why we do not appreciate your generalization and labeling our customers as “the drunken masses”, because they are not. They simply appreciate a certain taste of food and sauces and we do our best to deliver exactly what our customers ask for. We do not claim to be perfect, but we do strive to offer the best quality food and service available. Dry and stiff meat is not acceptable and we do apologize for this. At the end of the day it’s all about good communication. People make mistakes and if given the opportunity we aim to rectify those mistakes. Thank you for your very detailed review of our establishment and we wish you the very best.

Reviewed February 7, 2019

If you don't go here, you are missing out! Hands down the best truk'i pan on the island! It doesn't open until 9pm, so its best for a late dinner or late night snack, but if you leave here without trying it, you'll regret it. FYI, it's known for the peanut sauce, so if you have nut allergies, not a good idea!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

I am usually not a food truck visitor, but they nailed it! congratulations! it took in a total of 15 minutes, to order, wait and receive my food,that is why they call it BBQ express i realized.
I love the pasta salad and my rib-eye was perfectly medium grilled. I aso lived their easy to read billboard and their sitting areas and they offer clean dispensers with all deliciious sauces in them, including their mouthwatering peanut sauce!!!My number one food truck now❤️♥️people a must visit high light on Curacao
“Best truck i pan!