“"The ONLY Curacao Dive Shop to Consider"”

Ocean Encounters Diving
Book In Advance
More Info
$74.99*
and up
Snorkel with Stingrays and Feed the Sharks at...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Your One Stop Shop to SCUBA dive and SNORKEL Curaçao. Boat dive trips, snorkel boat trips, East and West side diving, we have it all. Ocean Encounters Diving is Curaçao's Premier SSI & PADI Dive Center. ONE LIFE...DIVE IT! Let us take you on a wonderful ADVENTURE on one of our beautiful and well maintained CUSTOM DIVE BOATS. Snorkel, SCUBA dive, swim, sail, with Ocean Encounters. Ocean Encounters has all the quality equipment and supplies you need to help you get the most out of your CURACAO vacation. Visit our WELL-STOCKED Shops. Take a SSI/PADI SCUBA diving course at one of our Dive Schools. We are one of the few dive schools who teach you to use DIVE COMPUTERS during your SCUBA course. Our RENTAL EQUIPMENT is high quality, replaced every 18 months. Come and Dive with us at OCEAN ENCOUNTERS DIVING CURACAO!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family took a December 2013 trip to Curacao for the specific reason to experience the diving. Ocean Encounters was located on the grounds of the SunScape Resort where we stayed, so we really didn't investigate other alternatives. We signed up for 4 days of diving (8 total dives) in addition to a refresher course on the first day. OCEAN ENCOUNTERS DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! The staff was friendly and professional. They were flexible in adjusting their routine to meet our needs when those inevitable vacation "detours" occur. The dive masters were informative, as well as making the experience fun...especially for my sons. The shop staff was especially helpful in getting us set up with the proper equipment. We also took advantage of having one of our dives videographed by a professional videographer that works through OE...there was no commitment of purchase required until after reviewing the video...very professionally done. This was the last family vacation together before our older sons graduate from college, and the experience was truly a memorable one; in no small part due to the efforts of the OE staff. We would highly recommend for any trip to Curacao that is to include diving, your path should lead to Ocean Encounter's deck...you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank JNBCK
in 10 reviews
"two tank"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2014

i went with my family and my brother family to Santa Barabara Hotel cuaracao and went to Ocean Encounter office in December to hire a snorkeling trip for 8 people, 4 kids and 4 adults. They confirm the service for the 25 of december. When we arrive the 25 we had to do a line, the family before me told me that they took the same tour they came from outside the hotel, they paid in front of me.When it was my turn they told me that my reservation was cancel.
They were sorry they forgot to notify me but outside customer pay direct to them and they get less money from hotel guest as we paid using the hotel card.
But when we did the reservation the lady told us that if we do not show up they will charge the full amount as there is no cancelations. When i complain they said that that policy do not apply back to them, that they will reverse the charge but will not give us any money for canceling our service.Worst they never credit our charge i had to complain to the hotel, and when i arrive home i saw a new charge for the doble of the credit the hotel gave me so i did a charge back in my credit card.DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY AS THEY ARE NOT HONEST PEOPLE.

6  Thank dan123
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I just returned from a one week trip to Curaçao in which my friends and I spent five days diving with Ocean Encounters. We stayed at Lions Dive Resort where Ocean Encounters has a large and efficient dive operation and facilities located just downstairs. Everything about my experience with them was stellar. The entire staff is extremely friendly, attentive and most importantly, they take their job seriously when it comes to safety. They have three large boats which, like their dive equipment rentals, were all well maintained. Ocean Encounters provides everything you need for a great scuba diving experience from start to finish. They run a well-oiled, tight ship in which everything has been very well thought out and organized. The diving itself was splendid and varied (walls, wrecks, reefs) and the divemasters are all extremely capable, experienced leaders. They can safely guide even larger groups of up to eight divers of all experience levels in a relaxed manner and all the while spotting lots of interesting marine life to point out. Marijke, Pol, Juli, Adrian et al, will impress you with their level of experience and dedication to providing you with a top diving experience that you can trust. As an added plus, we also had a lot of fun hanging out with some of them topside after they clocked out. I would definitely recommend Ocean Encounters to any diver who wants to have a great scuba diving trip. Two dive sites not to be missed when you are there are Tugboat and Mushroom Forest. Thanks once again to all of you for everything you did to make our trip so memorable! -Wendy W.

2  Thank WWolfie
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have a time share across from Lions so I'm walking distance (just over a small bridge)from the dive shop. I have dove with them beforehand was very impressed. I took a performance course to increase my skills and my instructor Adriaan was the best. Not only did he teach me better skills ; he also taught me a greater appriciation for the the sea and all of the different life that is in it. This is the dive shop to go to in Curaçao. They have multiple locations and high quality boats and personnel. Thanks again for a great time on my vacation!!!!!