“Boat diving on the "shores" of Curacao”

Ocean Encounters Diving
Book In Advance
More Info
$74.99*
and up
Snorkel with Stingrays and Feed the Sharks at...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Your One Stop Shop to SCUBA dive and SNORKEL Curaçao. Boat dive trips, snorkel boat trips, East and West side diving, we have it all. Ocean Encounters Diving is Curaçao's Premier SSI & PADI Dive Center. ONE LIFE...DIVE IT! Let us take you on a wonderful ADVENTURE on one of our beautiful and well maintained CUSTOM DIVE BOATS. Snorkel, SCUBA dive, swim, sail, with Ocean Encounters. Ocean Encounters has all the quality equipment and supplies you need to help you get the most out of your CURACAO vacation. Visit our WELL-STOCKED Shops. Take a SSI/PADI SCUBA diving course at one of our Dive Schools. We are one of the few dive schools who teach you to use DIVE COMPUTERS during your SCUBA course. Our RENTAL EQUIPMENT is high quality, replaced every 18 months. Come and Dive with us at OCEAN ENCOUNTERS DIVING CURACAO!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is nothing wrong with Ocean Encounters at all and that is why I have given them 3 stars. They are pretty good, pretty safe. My son and I went on a 2 boat dive morning trip last week. It was pleasant and uneventful but nothing lifted it out from average to exceptional.

Staff did not go out of their way to please, it was very much a bums on seats operation with lots of divers on the boat. They do change your kit for you between dives which was nice but I didn't get the feeling that the staff really tried in any way to form individual relationships with customers unlike the Dive Bus which was much more pleasant and personal with smaller groups.

If you are staying at the Hilton and booking with the Hilton Ocean encounters you are likely to get bussed to the main shop at the Royal Resort to the east of the island and take your trip from there. I am not sure if any boats go from the Hilton but we saw no signs while we were there.

As experienced divers we were told we had free range once in the water and could do all that our certification levels allow.

I am not sure I would repeat and I would probably choose the Dive Bus for my next trip to Curacao.

2  Thank floridadream2011
in 10 reviews
"two tank"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was the best experience I have ever had. The employees at Ocean Encounters are some of the most friendly and professional people on the island. Don't waist your time finding another dive shop. Don't walk, run to them and book a trip or a PADI course. I would like to give a special thanks to Jorge Ferro, Maurice Lefferts and Marijke Hoos. These employees are the best. They are the ones that made my entire trip nothing less than AMAZING!!!! The upper management should consider giving them a little extra bonus for having to deal with the FOL. I will be sure to tell everyone I see, where ever I go, about Ocean Encounters and the wonderful people that work there.

2  Thank tlc4danes
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Santa Barbara Resort (highly recommended), and they outsource to Ocean Encounters ("OE") for all their water-based activities. When we called the front desk to book a trip for Bounty Adventures Curacao (highly recommended, BTW) we were told OE could book the trip for us.

After booking the trip through them for a total of ($260 USD) I stumbled upon the actual office for Bounty Adventures at Jan Thiel, and I was told they charge $100 per person. Low and behold OE charged us a ridiculous $30 per person booking fee, and they never disclosed it. I would have been some what OK with a $5 to $10 booking free, but $30 per person is obscene. In addition, they never disclosed the fee prior to booking. Pretty shady.

9  Thank DRSJPESQ
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's like I miss the stingrays already and it was only yesterday that I made my first scuba encounter at Seaquarium. The experience was amazing from the beginning until the end. First our instructor Marijke gave us an intro on the scuba diving and how to feed the stingrays, turtles, nurse sharks and lemon sharks, in a very clear and (animated) way with extra tips and tricks which resulted very fun to do. While underwater it was just amazing, I particularly fell in love with the stingrays as they were all over us like "pet me!". Also, as Marijke was guiding us and showing us many other underwater aquatic life she made the experience to be even more fun and exciting. Thank you for this great experience!

1  Thank Aisba