Young solo traveler on a budget- I picked this hotel as the reviews at the time were balanced. While the free parking is a plus, the room was a negative. My internet signal was weak. The water in the shower was COLD. Also, while getting out of the shower, I noticed a large amount of feces smeared behind the toilet and wall. Definitely disgusting and definitely not from me. The rooms need a deep cleaning as the bright red stains in the carpet made it feel that much worse.
The desk staff was very unfriendly and took nearly 30 minutes to complete my check-in, seemingly deciding if they were going to authorize my reservation. They offered no assistance with recommendations for local food or attractions... and I'm bilingual, so it wasn't a language barrier.
The beach across the street is nice, but no view of it from the room. I sat by the pool during the day, which had no other guests, but provided a shady atmosphere to read quietly. In the evening I went to the bigger hotel nearby as they had a large restaurant, bar, and a casino. Nothing else within walking distance. You'll need a car to get around Curacao as cabs are expensive and no public transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLARION HOTEL & SUITES CURACAO is located at the world trade center curacao complex in the beach area, equiped with 17 meeting rooms, ballrooms, auditorium and exhibition hall, everything your need for vacation or business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Suites Curacao
- Willemstad Clarion
- Clarion Hotel Curacao
- Clarion Willemstad
- Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao Willemstad