See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2019

The best about this hotel is probably its central location in Willemstad. I arrived late and got a very noisy room on the fourth floor. It appeared it was right next to the central air-conditioning and/or generator (different staff said different things to me). I asked for another room and got one on the opposite side of the corridor, without windows and very worn down. It was a little better but still quiet noisy. I asked another room the next morning, but there was only availability of those two noisy rooms. My friend was staying on the second floor, he had a much nicer room (I suspect they renovated that floor), with window, but it was noisy as well. Staff start making noise at 5am in the morning. Impossible to sleep as from then. Many of the rooms on the fourth floor have a water problem. During my three night stay my toilet was leaking water, which was apparently also so in other rooms, as water was even in the hallway. Apart from that, the water in the shower wasn't very hot (I didn't need to use the cold water tap) and very little came out of it - not enough pressure! Breakfast was OK. Second best point about this hotel. My keycard to my room was blocked several times. Apparently because I hadn't paid at check-in (the man who checked me in said it was OK to pay later). I found the receptionist who pointed me to that (and saying that housecleaning checked my bags in my room) quite rude. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you're really looking for a budget place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2018

The Accommodation itself is little worn , but comfortable. Location wise was ideal because walking distance to shops and restaurants is ideal for evening stroll. People are quite friendly. There is a lot to discover. Shopping was great.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2018

I did like that the three of us could stay together in one room. Breakfast was very good, every was different. Lady at the desk was very nice and very helpfull. The hotel is center so can walk around to get food and drinks. I will recommend San Marco.

Room tip: The hotel is very safe.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2018

If you want to be in the heart of food, drinks, shopping, site seeing, just stay here. Best location in Willemstad. A beach is basically 5 mins walk (beach is not fancy, good enough to enjoy the clear water and is sheltered and safe), Floating bridge, Rif Fort, Waterfront arches, Synagogue, all easy to reach, and you feel safe no matter what hour you are out.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018

The Pros
San Marco is in downtown Willemstad. Right in the heart of Willemstad. It is walking distance from the Queen Emma Bridge, great food, many pharmacies, and lots of shopping. Plus this hotel comes with breakfast. Every day there was an assortment of bread, pastries, fruit, juices, and different types of protein (salt fish, eggs, sausages, bacon, etc.)
The Cons
With that being said, this is a budget hotel. The room I was in was barebones. You have to get the remote control from the front desk. Not all the rooms are renovated, the room has a very thin blanket, one chair, one small dresser, a tv, and hangers. Minimal toiletries.
My overall impression is definitely stay here bring your own beach towels. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is safe. I also didn't notice a place to park a rental so that is something to consider.

Room tip: Get breakfast early.
Date of stay: July 2018