All reviewsenjoyed the swimming poolprivate beachromantic getawayjan thielsilviaapartmentcuracaoresortprivacy
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a lovely stay at this resort, quiet, peacefull and a great location right at the spanish water, Our rep was Anette/Sylvia and they were lovely and friendly, making sure we had/knew everything we wanted. Lovely service and she recommended great things for us to do each day/night. Would def come back again. Limestone was just what we needed at the end of out holiday. Car is needed at Curacao!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rodney M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First of all, let me say that the owner is a very nice and helpful guy!

When we made the reservation at Limestone, it was based on the high rating on Tripadvisor. It seemed to have everything we could want. Diving, Spa and it came with a rental car.
Well, the dive instructor went on a visa-run, so that was closed. The spa-manager went to Cuba to start another resort, so that was closed. And the rental car is absolutely needed, because the only thing within walking distance from the resort is the most expensive resturant on the island.

Limestone does not offer breakfast, any meals, any bar. Be prepared to spend hours in the rental car since Limestone is a fair bit away from anything.

Limestone DOES offer, a relaxing atmosphere (as long as the owner doesnt invite the local scouts, a few friends families or other random people that was running around making noise.)

The garden apartment has nothing to do with garden. It's overlooking the parking lot. Also, unless you chase the cleaning staff around to clean the apartment for you, you will end up like us with loads of maggots crawling around in the apartment.

All in all, make sure what you're getting in to.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Marcus147
Limestone1, Manager at Limestone Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

You’re absolutely right, one should always make sure that one get’s, what one is looking for, read the reviews and the website carefully, which I’ve written as clear as possible and sometimes I need to rewrite when something is not offered anymore. Being the one who practically runs Limestone with a little help from my wife and workers, I talk with the guests all the time to see if they are happy and there is something I can help them find. I talked to a very lovely couple of Sweden that met in Paris and helped them a lot. I can hardly imagine that was you. I can remember most guests. You should have asked me about all the things you like to do and not just have guessed. It is my pleasure to talk to and help every guest. Actually I have also been the dive instructor around here for many years and still can go diving when asked. My old students still come back to dive with me. If not I can still recommend & send you to a dive shop nearby (read our web site). Nowadays there is one on every beach. I just wanted to give my son an opportunity to become a dive instructor. He is still young and very handsome. He immediately ran off without telling me, he even went to Sweden, than to the Keys, while there he should have got a job in a dive shop, but that is not what he is looking for. He even ran to Holland and not to get a visa. He turns out to be an excellent dive guide, who sees everything and takes beautiful pictures, see his face book and should be fully booked, but he still needs to learn how to take care of a dive shop and should get a job at a real one to do so. It’s true we also have a beautiful spa. Both my wife and dauther took a course in massage and could have helped you if only asked to. But they don’t really work in a spa. We work with professionals. We are just a small family friendly & run resort and can’t afford to offer all facilities or keep them open all day until that one guest finally decides to make use of it. So what we really do is offer services. Our office is open from 9 till 5. We have all information about what you can do in Curaçao, can help you find it and even make a reservation for you. Being a writer I even wrote an activity guide and an overview of all the snorkel and dive sites. We’ve put this guide in the apartment so you can read it at ease and come to the office. We can recommend several spa treatments. Who wouldn’t like to be touched by an angel or get a Java treatment? My son even brought a new girlfriend, with a very skillful hand who could work in any spa and should instead of hanging around waiting for that one client to present himself. So my wife is not the one running the spa, she is a friendly host like me. Unfortunately she had to run off to Cuba, because her mother was dying. She came just in time to say goodbye and attend to the funeral. Thank you for your great idea to start a resort in Cuba. Soon Limestone Havana will be opened.
Sometimes we get these guests that are hard to please. Instead of saying we are next door to one of the best restaurants, they say the most expensive restaurant, of course. We’re also next to MeiMei, with the best bar or Jan Thiel for a superb breakfast. If one would take a closer look, one could see that we are practically next to everything, all activities, restaurants, beaches, nightlife, even bakeries or snacks if you like a more affordable meal. It’s true, you’ll need a car or a bike, but if you drive for hours you’ll end up in Caracas if possible. So we know, that some people just need to complain, that the cups are not the same. And even we are thankful for that. This way we know what still needs to be fixed and have it fixed, so every time we get nearer to perfect. Some complain, that the apartment is dirty. We even check before you come, that everything is perfectly clean and in order and have the apartment cleaned every other day. We even have monthly pest control, so it should not be too hard to keep it clean for just one day. We even had the tree cut in front of the garden view apartment, so now you can see the sea. We also asked people not to park their car there, unless it is your own. The apartment looks nice, is quite big and very affordable. Most guests are quite happy there. We just call it the garden apartment as it is not directly on the water. One can still upgrade to one a little closer. Limestone is also a cozy resort with different levels, with seats everywhere, where you can sit, meet other guests and make friends. We have BBQ corners, terraces overlooking the beautiful Spanish Waters, big palapas where one can organize a social activity. We even have a small bar and a dance floor if one likes to throw a small party or have a romantic dinner in the moonlight. On the lowest level we have quite a large private beach, with a floor where one can play volleyball and other games, like domino, chess, there are toys for kids. We have a boathouse with all kinds of boat rentals, a boat taxi .We offer activities like kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, snorkeling, maybe a BBQ. You really don’t need to go anywhere. People like to come to Limestone. It is very peaceful. The sounds you hear here are the ones of people enjoying themselves. The activities are open for everybody, even if you are not staying here. For us it is fun to see how people are enjoying themselves and meet one and other. I always talk to everyone to make sure, they are having a good time and if necessary tell not to be too loud and respect one and other. It is amazing to see how people relax and enjoy being here. When they leave I always ask how their stay was and they say perfect, we’ll be back and most will one day and we continue our conversation. And if all had written the review like they promised, by now we would be back on no. 1. It’s only the ones that like to complain that write. That’s why we have so few.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The small complex is well run, a little funky. Be sure to ask where the the light switches are and bring the basics such as salt, pepper, dishwashing soap etc. It is very isolated. There is one restaurant and no stores within walking distance so you must rent a car. They will rent cars very reasonably by the day. I hate to drive so it was not a good match for me in Curacao. The staff is great and the apartments are very peaceful and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Panamachristina
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We are just back from a super week spent at the Limestone Resort. It is a small quiet resort right on the Spanish Water. While we did not spend too much time at the hotel, as we were busy exploring the island, we enjoyed spending early evening on the large patio watching the boats come while sipping on our cocktails. Included in the cost of our room was a small compact car which was perfect for touring the island. The room itself was clean and comfortable. And the staff and owner Sylvia were always friendly and welcoming.All in all the Limestone was just what we were looking for!

Room Tip: A room on the upper level would give you a great view of the Spanish Water, we were sorry that we were on the lower level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeanniToronto
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I want to thank you and your staff Sylvia for the wonderful stay at Limestone Holiday (8-24 Feb 2013). Everything was as expected and the accommodations were just what we needed at a very reasonable cost. The added touches of arranging the transportation to and from the apartment made our trip much easier. The on-site car rental was a great value and was very convenient, eliminating the need to schedule and reserve a rental vehicle elsewhere before our trip. The apartment area was very peaceful and pretty and we felt very safe and well taken care of. The location also provided easy access to town and stores, as well as a wide variety of activities. We appreciated the attention we received upon arrival and for making sure our needs and requests were taken care of. The apartment (we had the studio) was just what we wanted with all the accessories we needed: satellite TV, air-conditioning, coffee maker, a very nice private bathroom with on-demand warm water shower, refrigerator (with freezer area), a full bed and a single bed, and a kitchen area with sink, utensils and dishes. Everything worked well and compared to other rentals at other Caribbean islands we have visited, this rates at the top especially considering the daily rental rate. I would highly recommend your apartments to anyone else desiring a self catering apartment that is well maintained, in a secure location and with a staff that is accommodating and very courteous. We met other guests who also mentioned how much they liked their accommodations (full apartments) and how well it worked for them. Some guests had children and mentioned how it was a perfect for them as their needs are much more demanding than ours. We liked the way the parking area was secured and locked and that we could still leave and arrive at any time of the day or night. We also liked the added security provided by camera monitoring. The neighborhood in general seemed very safe and secure; it was just good to know that there was the extra attention to our safety. I give your apartments full thumbs up and would gladly refer our friends to you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple