Overall experience thanks to the location of the room, ocean view, was good. Some things you should know before booking with this hotel will be summed up for different areas we had some discoveries to mention.
The boss who had a tast of a tuna salad freshly made who asked us to taste but never came back with a sample for us to taste, This is a just word but no deed.
+ Helpful and friendly staff
- No 24 hour reception and not even at 06:00 AM
- No elevator available and we had to carry our luggage down from second floor.
- Stairs are quite narrow and not recommended for elderly people
- Construction still been executed
- Gates closed at midnight and needs to be opened with a key provided
- No private parking (you have to park on the main road)
- Cleanliness of the small caban beds
- Breakfast is quite expensive and what they called locale bread is not locale bread but pre-baked bread. Bread is not made in house but bought from a supermarket
- Cocktails are on the pricey side
- Coffee is not included in the price and served way ahead of the actual breakfast
- Ordering breakfast has a waiting time of 35 minutes while the restaurant was not full
- Fruits are not bought from the market boats that are approx 10 minutes away and they are tasteless
- Orange juice has an additional price and not fresh
- Yoghurt, butter and jam are not locale but from The Netherlands (imported)
+ Fair trade sugar is served
+ Stylish rooms
+ Deluxe rooms 10 deluxe room is good and has an ocean front view
+ Good bed
+ Ironing board available including an iron
+ Safe deposit box, minibar (need to pay for)
- Rooms 9-10-11 are situated above the restaurant. Friday night is a locale night with the needed music until midnight
- No IPod docking station as the name states Saint Tropez you would expect this
- Maintenance needed to doors as these are influenced by sea there is rust on the doors and locks.
- Bed sheets are not changed for 6 days
- Coffee machine needs an operation manual
- Bathroom missing a place to put your toiletries
- Towel rack placed too high
- Shower curtain in bathroom in stead of glass door
Conclusion: The restaurant is good for people who are not aware of food quality and who do not know the island like someone who has been burned and raised their. It is a good hotel for young people who would like to have the feeling of Saint Tropez but who have never been to Saint Tropez. Friday night there is music until midnight and this could messup your sleep if you are an early sleeper. Finishing of the rooms could have been better as the name really puts the expectations high. We could recommend this hotel for people who are not looking for something out of the ordinary but who would like to have the Dutch style feeling of food. The price is average but you can find better hotels for the same price which are better known. Service is OK.
One more last thing: watch out for the OB TAX whether it is including or not. And this also applies for the service charges which could range from 12 to 15%. Differences in menu price and restaurant price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saint Tropez Apartments & Suites is located in the picturesque, popular and colorful Pietermaai disctrict just 20 minutes' drive from Hato International Airport. The hotel is located oceanfront and features an beautiful outdoor pool with pool-bar, cabana's and sunbeds. The trendy restaurant is open, daily from 8 AM - 1 PM. Free WiFi throughout. The modern apartments and spacious rooms at Saint Tropez are air conditioned. Some feature a balcony with great views, and the private bathrooms have showers. They are decorated with a modern style and have minimalist details. Within walking distance you will find high end restaurants, nice cafe's and shops. Seaquarium Beach & Mambo Beach Boulevard is only 5 minutes' drive from Saint Tropez, as well as Willemstad's town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Saint Tropez Ocean Club Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Tropez Ocean Club Apartments & Suites Curacao/Willemstad