“Most beautiful beach in all my travels”
Review of Kenepa Beach

Kenepa Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Full Day Beaches of Curaçao Tour with Hotel or...
Ranked #3 of 114 things to do in Willemstad
More attraction details
Owner description: Inlet on the less-developed western side of the island.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I know it's been said by many, but I have to say it again...this is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! We have traveled to several Caribbean islands and Mexico, and this is by far the best. Our sons had a blast jumping off the high rocks into the clear water below. We did not snorkel here, but really enjoyed floating in the very bouyant, crystal clear water. We went on a weekday and it was fairly crowded. I would imagine the weekends would be very busy here.

3  Thank danadan
Write a ReviewReviews (3,169)
All reviews
"public beach"
in 41 reviews
"crystal clear water"
in 28 reviews
"best beach on the island"
in 12 reviews
in 13 reviews
"west side"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's a small cove one of the most beautiful spots but when I went there it was extremely loud with music

1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

It is a long drive but worth it. It's free except for chairs and the bathrooms. The chairs are 5.00 local or $2.85 in dollars. The bathroom are 1.00 local or $.057 dollars. There is a shower to wash off after a day but it's not private. Make sure you stop at a store prior to coming to the beach for food and drink as there is a small snack bar but since it's the only "game" in town it's a bit pricey. It's a beach that is frequented by the locals. They bring BBQs and coolers for a day at the beach.
It's a simple beach with white sand and crystal blue waters. Do not forget your snorkel gear or at the very least goggles. Just walk off the beach and the sights are great. You are not fighting for space either under a tree or out in the sun. Bottom line - make the trip.

1  Thank debform
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I suggest going on an off day (non-weekend) but it is a stunning beach!
We were only there for an hour on a tour but would have liked to enjoy it on a different day. The water is stunning and the cliffs nearby make it really unique.

2  Thank Margaret H
See more reviews
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Like everyone else has said, this beach is stunning. If you are in Curacao and have a car, you need to at least stop, but I recommend staying and going for a swim, too. When I was swimming in the water, I felt like I was in a gigantic salt water swimming pool, the water was that clear. It was free to park, busy enough that it was safe. We were told that this beach is often visited by locals, and on the weekends they will bring a little grill or picnic and make a day out of it. Lucky people to live there and be able to visit :)

My only regret is that we didn't stay longer -- earlier in the day we climbed Mt Christoffel so by the time we made it to the beach, we were exhausted. If we ever go back, this beach will be on my must visit list, and should be on yours too!

1  Thank Shauna K