“Best Restaurant on Curacao!”
Review of Restaurant Papa's - CLOSED

Restaurant Papa's
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved this little restaurant near the Scuba Lodge where we were staying. Excellent food, friendly staff. The owner, Guy, is an interesting guy who has lots of good info about the island that you won't find in any tourist books; and the chef, Philippe, produces an array of excellent dishes. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at Papa's yesterday evening and celebrated the departure to Holland of one of our friends. Our group arrived in batches and we were chaotic in many ways. We ordered drinks and food upon the arrival of friends at this restaurant, so there was sufficient reason to mix things up. Nevertheless, everything went fine and we had a great evening, sitting at the terrace in the open air. My steak was not big (I like big steaks), more like a filet mignon, but it was perfectly prepared.
Yes, this is a place I will certainly get back to. One comment: they don't have pitchers with water. Every time you empty your glass, you have to ask for more.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This restaurant provides not only fantastic food but a very entertaining dining experience. Did we wait? Yes. Was is worth it, yes. I highly recommend this place for the relaxed diner who is intested in excellent food no matter how long it takes. We had the Gambas al Ajillo, a true representation of the Spanish dish, served with a fresh and delicious bread. We also shared the lobster and shrimp bisque and the sesasme encrusted tuna (catch of the day) which were both incredible. Each dish was prepared with love and perfection by the Chef who was so excited about his work he brought out a Lionfish to show some diners and then pricked his finger on it while back in the kitchen ( Hope he is ok!!) Dessert the heavenly chocolate mousse. And when I say heavenly... My recomendation is be prepared to sit back, relax and enjoy the entire dining experience and this beautifully renovated place.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We waited for almost 2 hours before our food finally arrived at our table. The manager came to our table - not to appologize, but to tell us that 'as everybody knows, and as is common in all restaurants, people who have reserved a table get served before people that have not reserved a table in advance'. Oh really? Never heard such nonsense before. Bad, rude service. Food was alright, but nothing special. This venue deserves a better manager and a better cook.

2  Thank ejlens
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you are wondering where hip Curacaolinians go for a fine dinner with a laid back and lovely vibe, than this place is for you. If Euro-Curacao cuisine is a thing, then here is a great example of it. The plates may very in terms of quality but the menu is always changing based on what can be locally resourced and the overall experience is excellent. The restaurant had a few hiccups getting started, the re-booted Papa's is definitely one of my favorite places in Curacao, where I have tried many of the top restaurants. Part of me is reluctant even to write this up because I want to ensure I get a table next time I'm on island.