“amazing family dinner”

The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

i visited Zoya during my summer vacation at home (Curacao). First of all i would like to say that the ambience at the restaurant location is wonderful my family and I enjoyed it very much. But of course the most important part THE FOOD!! it was incredible, the combinations are out of this world, i ordered a Curacao beef soup as a starter, it was great!! as a main dish i had Shrimp "bon Zoyaaa" i think that was one of the best shrimp dishes i have ever had. The Chef/Owner of the restaurant even came by to check up on the guests that were dining.
I would for sure recommend this wonderful restaurant. Next time i visited my beautiful country of Curacao i will pass by for sure. Thanks for the amazing night Zoya crew!!
PS. that night there was a great band playing called "perfect four", these four young men delighted us with their wonderful talent. keep up the great work!! .

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Diandra_1993

kafue007
“Great View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for dinner on a recommendation from a local.
Tge food was very tasty, wife loved the snapper and I liked the fish stew.
Great location and not over priced like the rif fort tourist traps.
Was quiet when we went so the ambiance wasn't quite there but we liked it.

• Visited May 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Pleasant Evening Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The server at our hotel restaurant where we had lunch, recommended Zoya as a nice place to go where each dish had a touch of local flavor. We found the food to be quite tasty and the atmosphere pleasant. It had poured rain in the afternoon so the patio was not open when we had our early dinner. There is an indoor dining room. It was stuffy so we ate at the bar. The servers were fun to chat with while we enjoyed our meal. My partner had chicken, half of which we took home for lunch the next day. I had red snapper steak with pumpkin cakes. I was surprised by that it was a steak. I expected it to be a filet because I didn't think red snappers were that big. None-the-less it was delicious. We ordered extra vegetables which we didn't really need. The meals came with a generous side of mixed vegetables seasoned in a local manner. By the time we left, the patio was open and groups were dining outside.

• Visited April 2013
Chase, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food and pleasing ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Last week my two daughters and I were on a Carribean Cruise and Curacao was one of our ports of call. We had the pleasure of enjoying a late lunch at Zoya Restaurant and Lounge. The owner/chef Andre provided us with an excellent assortment of appetizers, and our waiter, Sam, was most accomodating and informative. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, and conversation during our stay.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gayle S
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quite nice for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after getting off the ferry from Punda as the pontoon bridge was closed. There was a slight mix up with our order, my partner had ordered the salmon sandwich but the salmon main dish came instead, however, the waiter was very good and changed it without any fuss. I had the brie and honey sandwich which was very nice. Service in Curacao can be very slow and Zoya was no different. That being said however, our server was very friendly and chatty and when we popped back later in the week he remembered us and was pleased to see us.

We would have eaten here in the evening as well but there are limited vegetarian choices on the menu for an evening meal.

• Visited January 2013