“Refined”

Kome
Ranked #19 of 365 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the historical district of Petermaai, Kome features a chef driven menu where worldly cooking techniques lay the foundation for the creative freedom Chef David and Pastry Chef Susan live for in the kitchen. The chefs cook things that make them happy, like homemade sausage, tasty sandwhiches, curry’s or stews; fried chicken, fresh bread, pie or something altogether surprising and new.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Another great restaurant in Curacao. My second night and again I hit the jackpot. Very good service and very creative food. The portions are actually very large and probably as a first for me to leave food in the plate but after starters there was no way I could handle all. Especially after the pork belly followed by the brisket. Both very nice but just to much. My wife had the palm Hart’s and the snapper. Both very reasonable sized. The location was also very good. I would come back here.

Date of visit: May 2019
Niels A, Public Relations Manager at Kome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Marcdxb,

What a great review,

Thank you for that we would love to welcome you back too.

Kind regards,
Team Kome

Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, great food and good cost. The service was very good also. I would definitely recommend this place!

Niels A, General Manager at Kome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Yelena1119,

Thank you for the review.
It is great to read that you loved your visit, and see that our price point is fair.

Kind regards,
Niels Akkerman

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is incredible. They have the best service, best food, best drinks, and amazing owners. I am a gluten free vegetarian and the chef can always make something that satisfies me while providing an incredible meal for my meat loving husband. Well done!

Date of visit: April 2019
Niels A, General Manager at Kome, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear brandycurtis,

We love to read that you like coming to Kome and are always happy with you're meal.
We do hope we can welcome you back soon (Next time try the HARTS OF PALM a personal favorite).

Regards,
Niels Akkerman

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Unfortunately I only had 5 days to spend in Curacao but based on the reviews I definitely wanted to try out Kome. Before I arrived in Curacao I emailed for reservations, they were super responsive and easily accommodated me when I needed to change the day of my reservation. I went there for dinner first but the brunch on Saturday is what really sold me. I had the yummy smashed avocado toast and a virgin version of the Back Door (I'm not sure where the name came from LOL but I'll take it!). The fare was delicious, fresh and local! The staff was extremely friendly and attentive whether it was offering a sampling from their library for solo diners to treating every customer like a returning family member. I will definitely be back the next time I am in Curacao.

Date of visit: May 2019
Niels A, Public Relations Manager at Kome, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

thank you for visiting Kome.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your brunch.
We are already looking forward to your next visit at Kome.
Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

We spent a wonderful week in Curacao, renting an apartment in the now-trendy Pietermaai district of the capital, Willemstad. Had read about Kome, and it exceeded expectations, to the extent that we ended up for two dinners there during a short stay. What we loved: The food, of course--featuring a number of terrific local specialties, sometimes with new twists. We also learned more about the restaurant's efforts to help local farmers by buying their produce and supporting them in growing things that then will be purchased by Kome. And the staff were terrific, so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the food as well as the island. Some staff grew up on Curacao; others are from the Netherlands but like many others, fell in love with Curacao and decided to make their home there. So interesting to talk with them even on a busy evening. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: March 2019

Dear guest,

thank you for visiting Kome.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner en the story's about our food.
Hopefully you will visit us again when your back on the island.
Thank you for this lovely review.