“Fantastic diving experience at Port Marie”

Bas Harts Diving Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Private & Customized Dive Safaris & Courses.
Katwijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic diving experience at Port Marie”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

During my our family vacation at Curacao, my brother, father, aunt, 2 uncles and I went scuba diving at Port Marie with Bas Harts Diving Curacao. This was my first openwater dive and I was kind of nervous but it turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation. Bas prepared us for the dive by giving straightforward instructions and supplying us with excellent equipment. Once we were in the water we first did exercises in shallow water to master some essential diving skills. Then we gradually went deeper and deeper down, until we were 40 ft. (12 m.) underwater. During our descent we quickly "bumped" into a wonderful and varied reef that we explored during our dive. It was a truly magical experience. Whilst diving, Bas and Kevin accompanied us and guided us with calm and clear instructions. And as if the whole experience wasn't awesome enough, Bas also made numerous pictures underwater during our dive which were later available online for free. So in short, a scuba dive with Bas Harts Diving Curacao is something I'd definitly recommend to anyone visiting the beautiful island of Curacao.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Martine S

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Scuba Dive...Ever!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

As part of my recent vacation to Curacao, I decided to learn how to scuba dive. I was very nervous about my first dive, but Bas was very patient and provided excellent instruction. I was lucky to have a private lesson in a great location. I will definitely be diving again, it was a wonderful experience. Thank You So Much Bas!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Danielle W
Portsmouth, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!! Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My 12 year old daughter and I went on a Discovery Dive with Bas and it was amazing. He and his co-worker explained everything to us before we even went to the water. Then they prepared all of our equipment for us, explained how to use each item, and drove us to the dive site. They were were fun, funny, and very professional. My daughter smiled and laughed the entire time! I was a little nervous (after all, it is a big ocean and I didn't want to lose my daughter -- lol) but Bas and Kevin never took their eyes off of us. They were in complete control during the entire dive. To top it off, Bas took amazing underwater pictures of our adventure! We hope to go back in the spring to work on our diving certification! Bas Hart Diving is the BEST...I highly recommend them!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ajj7669
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Diving with Bas Harts was a great experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been diving with Bas in July 2013, as I chose his company for our Padi open water certification for my two young sons and myself mainly based on the great reviews on trip advisor. It was very nice to have our own private dive master in Curacao, especially when extra attention is needed when diving with teenagers. Bas is patient but also to the point, giving clear instructions and with a lot of attention to details and safety. Bas picked us up on time in our hotel and showed us different beaches and reefs, a great way to see more of curacao. During the drives he shares a lot of his knowledge of the island. His equipment is very good, all three of us passed our exam and made two extra dives the last day, enjoying great coral reefs and even sharing time with sea turtles. Bas Harts goes the extra mile, he also includes diving pictures. I can definately recommend him for a personal and professional touch when diving in Curacao.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank jan c
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bas is the best”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent a day with Bas and had an amazing time. He picked us up right on time at 9:30 AM (much better than a 7:00AM boat trip), we hopped into his nice air-conditioned truck and headed off to Largu, just North of Cas Abou. We were the only people there and the wall dive was amazing. After that, we headed to Playa Portomari for the 2nd dive which was just as good. We had plenty of time to eat a relaxed lunch beforehand.

The equipment was top-notch...better than anything I've ever used on any other trip, and Bas was a great guide. He also takes tons of pictures that were ready for us to download the very next day. Al-in-all, it was one of the best SCUBA experiences I've had.

Visited June 2013