“Outstanding Dive Master”

Bas Harts Diving Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Private & Customized Dive Safaris & Courses.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife had completed her dive classes and needed her open water certification. After being profoundly disappointed by a large outfitter located in Willemstad, we came across Bas Harts Diving. In short, he was outstanding. He was very personable and knowledgable about the island and gave my wife a wonderful diving experience that we will be able to enjoy for decades. His costs were very reasonable too, especially the high level of attention and customer service that we received. In addition, I wanted to go diving with two other friends (all of us are already certified and experienced divers) and Bas provided invaluable assistance for the duration of our stay: he rented to us the necessary equipment, provided great advice on some tucked away diving locales, and offered his services as a guide on a memorably beautiful last dive on the island along the northwestern coast of Curaçao.

I would unreservedly recommend seeking out Bas Harts' services while on Curaçao if you're looking for an experienced, personable and customer-centric dive master. Also, to stress again, his fee rate was the most cost-effective that we found on the island. In short, he's the best!

2  Thank Brad N

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I came to Curacao after finishing my classroom and pool training, and looking to do my first open water dives and get certified. From my classes I expected to be on a boat with a group of strangers all doing our skills together in a circle.... I am so happy Bas certified me instead. Each day he picked me up from the house we were renting, took me to local beaches where there were a few other divers or we were the only ones and made the experience easy, fun, and truly memorable. My first open water dive I swam along side a sea turtle! And Bas videod it and I have it posted on facebook. (The video and pictures he took were all included in the cost of the dive.) The coral reefs were stunning and we saw eagle rays, moray eels, and all types of tropical fish. And I have trouble equalizing and Bas was patient with me and incredibly helpful. I am hooked and can't wait to dive again. I highly recommend Bas if you want the best diving in Curacao. Thanks again Bas!!

3  Thank Lila J
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a fantastic day diving with Bas! He offers good quality for a fair price. He picked us up from the hotel and took us to his favourite diving spots. We did two dives a day and we were the only once. Go to him if you like private diving and you dont want to share your guide with ten others. He takes very good care of you. His equipment is in a very good condition. On top of all that you can download a free video from your dive (in our resort we had to pay 95$ for that). We really recommend Bas Harts Diving!!

2  Thank Mightymon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We contacted Bas after having a bad experience with a large corporate dive operation on the island. Our group of divers included one person needing to do her open-water certification dives, and three certified divers with widely varying levels of experience. The three of us who were already certified wanted to rent equipment from Bas and do some shore dives while the fourth diver did her certification dives with Bas. For two days, Bas brought us gear in such excellent shape we wondered if it might be completely new, drew us detailed maps to put us on wonderful dives, described the dive routes themselves in great detail, and then took the fourth diver on her certification dives. In one case he rode with us in our vehicle to navigate a tricky road that we never would have found ourselves, resulting in an absolutely beautiful dive. We had such excellent experiences that we booked Bas to guide us all on a third day along with our newly-certified fourth diver. The last dive was just as wonderful as the previous dives, and with Bas along to point out local features and fauna, we had an amazing dive. I've been diving all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii, and Bas was by far the best dive master and dive shop I've ever had. As icing on the cake, it cost us less as a group than we would have paid with numerous other shops on the island and we had excellent personal attention. Bravo Bas!

4  Thank James P
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I took a lot of time trying to find the best place for a great experience with diving in Curacao. And while a "cattle boat" might be able to take you to places not accessible from shore, you would never get the personal attention that Bas can provide. Upon picking us up from the pier (on April 8th, 2013), we drove to 2 different remote alcoves for our shore dives. The water was beautiful and clear, despite having rough seas that day and for the previous week. The equipment looked new and worked perfectly. Bas had everything set up in no time and we were diving with little to no effort. With plenty to see and do at various depths we were able to maximize our bottom time. We love all the pictures that were taken...that really make things memorable and worth while. Thanks Bas for your quick responses, easy going way, and professional approach!

1  Thank RamBoyd