We came to Curacao to see the Island and to do some shopping. Our plans were not hanging around a casino or a pool but to go into shops and drive around.
We needed just a room. Pietersz guest house II is just that...a room. We were provided with a small clean room, including a small fridge and a small dining table. Nothing fancy. This is what I wanted and that is what we did get.
Although we had to fix the bottom of the bed ourselves, the rest was just fine.
If we talk about shopping, both guesthouses are located in "the middle of the heat".
Not recommended for couples with kids.
Guests are provided with a set of keys and they expect that you open and close the guest house after 4pm. No personnel anymore after 4pm.
They provide you everyday with clean towels and basic room cleaning. No bar, casino or restaurant.
If you need just a room, than Pietersz is the place to be. We paid a little under $80 per night including tax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Pietersz Guesthouse" consists of two properties located in the center of downtown Curaçao offering comfortable accommodations to traveling guests. Shops, restaurants, and banks are within walking distance of both locations. The first building known as "Pietersz Guesthouse I" was build in 1992 and has recently been fully renovated and redecorated. The rooms are fully equipped with all the amenities and facilities necessary for a comfortable stay. They include full kitchenettes with fridge and stove, air conditioning, television, and private bathrooms. The standard single rooms are located on the first floor while the larger deluxe suites are upstairs on the second level. Located on the ground floor of the Guesthouse I is Pietersz Coffeeshop offering an extensive international menu, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week. The second building known as "Pietersz Guesthouse II" was officially opened on April 15, 2003. The building was originally build in 1861 under traditional Dutch architectural design. All rooms were fully restored and renovated in 2003 with brand new furniture and amenities. There's a room to fit and accommodate all travelers from large families traveling together to business people traveling alone. A recent upgrade and renovation has been completed in 2011 for both properties with added-value offering more amenities for our guests including wired internet connection, LCD TVs, more cable channels and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pietersz Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pietersz Guesthouse Hotel Willemstad
- Pietersz Guesthouse Curacao/Willemstad