If you are on a budget and traveling to Curacao for Carnival season, this is the best place you have, of course it is a "Guesthouse" not a Hotel.
I stayed in Guesthouse II, there are 2, in about a block of distance from each other, Guesthouse I have a restaurant, but doesn't have a balcony. Although it's located in Otrobanda, not in Punda, the best area of Willemstad you can walk and take the boats to Punda (they parts each 30 minutes and they are free!.
The attention was excellent, the lady in the reception was great, ask whatever you need to know about Curacao, the maid service deserve a good tip, and the rooms' cleanness perfect, but they use to many naphthalene balls so if you can't stand these balls don't stay here. Regular rooms have minifridge and coffee maker (but don't expect brand new coffee machines). Rooms on the first floor doesn't have windows so to speak, rooms in second floor are better. Bathrooms well clean, water not hot exactly but you are on a Caribbean Island, you don't need hot water there. They don't offer soap, but the maid always put you toilette paper, one each day, 2 on saturday cause they all disappear on Sundays...lol
They also have a security person, you could ask him about the lock system of the front doors cause it was a little bit tricky.
In front of the guesthouse you have a Chinesse Restaurant, ATM, a Shopping Center (despite looks terrible, you have a supermarket and KFC). Also a pizza place is near by, and places to buy beers is everywhere and cheaper than in Punda where they could charge you with $3, here you can find beer for a buck, buck and a half.
Don't expect anybody on sundays, guesthouse completely alone, not even the security guard.
Also in the second floor there's a balcony and in front street is where the Carnival Parade pass by so this place is the perfect spot to see all of the parades, including one at midnight.
So I recommend it for backpackers,if you are on a budget, travel alone or with another person, and during carnival season. If not your case try Otro Banda Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Pietersz Guesthouse" consists of two properties located in the center of downtown Curaçao offering comfortable accommodations to traveling guests. Shops, restaurants, and banks are within walking distance of both locations. The first building known as "Pietersz Guesthouse I" was build in 1992 and has recently been fully renovated and redecorated. The rooms are fully equipped with all the amenities and facilities necessary for a comfortable stay. They include full kitchenettes with fridge and stove, air conditioning, television, and private bathrooms. The standard single rooms are located on the first floor while the larger deluxe suites are upstairs on the second level. Located on the ground floor of the Guesthouse I is Pietersz Coffeeshop offering an extensive international menu, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week. The second building known as "Pietersz Guesthouse II" was officially opened on April 15, 2003. The building was originally build in 1861 under traditional Dutch architectural design. All rooms were fully restored and renovated in 2003 with brand new furniture and amenities. There's a room to fit and accommodate all travelers from large families traveling together to business people traveling alone. A recent upgrade and renovation has been completed in 2011 for both properties with added-value offering more amenities for our guests including wired internet connection, LCD TVs, more cable channels and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pietersz Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pietersz Guesthouse Hotel Willemstad
- Pietersz Guesthouse Curacao/Willemstad