“Absolutely amazing!”

Dolphin Academy Curacao
Ranked #4 of 113 things to do in Willemstad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Academy offers fun and educational intimate experiences, like a Dolphin Encounter, a Dolphin Swim, a Dolphin Snorkel with Coastal Bottlenose Dolphins in a natural saltwater lagoon and the open sea. Different programs and courses available for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We did the snorkel with dolphins and it exceeded all my expectations! The staff were all very professional and nice. We go to spend at least 45 minutes with the dolphins and it was one of the most memorable events of my life. There were 3 dolphins, a family of 4, and my wife and I. We were able to kiss them, pet them, swim with them, and dive with them! There was an 8 month old baby who seemed to really like me. I got some amazing pictures and enjoyed every minute of it. They will offer you a video of the event and pictures. I thought the pictures were too pricey.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,143)
All reviews
in 107 reviews
"animals"
in 127 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visited here on a cruise ship excursion on February 26, 2014. I have always wanted to meet a dolphin in person, and I am so glad that we signed up for the Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Academy! The experience was incredible and rewarding. They have several large enclosures with small groups of dolphins. Everything was clean and the staff clearly love the dolphins. The dolphins were friendly and curious, and seemed to enjoy their jobs and the praise they received for completing each task.. We were shown how to cue the dolphins to perform for us. The staff wanted us to enjoy our visit, but they also wanted us to walk away with a greater appreciation of dolphins, the risks to them and their environment, and what we actions we could take to protect both. I would definitely go back and visit again if we ever return to Curacao.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Swimming with Dolphins appeals to some, but shocks others. To watch people swimming with the dolphins was a calming experience. The dolphins had the best fresh Caribbean seawater to swim in, with plenty of captive space for them right on the coast at Royal Aquarium Resort, Curacao.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were very surprised at the quality of this little aquarium. I must admit we had low expectations and we got in with our unlimited pass because we stayed in the adjoining resort. But it would still be worth paying to get in. It was just as much fun watching the training of the dolphins and sea lions as it was to watch the shows. They even take the dolphins out into open water to swim. Sometimes to train, sometimes with snorkels and sometimes with scuba divers. Very cool. They also have an impressive collection of eels, fish, lobsters etc. And some very cool flamingos. And a nice touch and feel tank for the kiddos.