“Spiritual!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book Now
Ranked #4 of 107 things to do in Willemstad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Academy offers fun and educational intimate experiences, like a Dolphin Encounter, a Dolphin Swim, a Dolphin Snorkel with Coastal Bottlenose Dolphins in a natural saltwater lagoon and the open sea. Different programs and courses available for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Calgary
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spiritual!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

There is nothing more humbling than having a dolphin push your around! I will never forget there amazing attitude, the feel of their pink bellies or the fact I was swimming with the most beautiful creature ever!

Trena

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Trena J
Dolphin_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Academy Curacao, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
You are very welcome and thanks to you for visiting us.

• Czech first
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Swimming with the dolphins has been at the top of my bucket list and this is definitely the place to do it! I did the snorkel program. You get a brief introductory session, then you go out into the lagoon and first get a kiss from the dolphin, then you can go swim around/snorkel around with them for a while, petting them, diving down with them. You also get a chance to do a dorsal swim from underwater or from above water. It was a great experience. They have photographer taking photographs of your experience as well. Plus you get access to the rest of the aquarium with your ticket.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jwestie78
Many thanks for the review and we're glad you did one of your Bucket list item here at Curacao Dolphin Academy.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“just do it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

we had a great meet and greet with the dolphins, and a swim with them too. it was sooo good. plenty of time and great trainers who guided us. The facilities are very dolphin friendly as far a I can tell, and the trainers are very involved in the wellbeing of the animals. So eventhough this is a commercial situation, the treatment of the animals was good.
I can heartly recommend this place for an unforgettable experience.

1 Thank E J
Dolphin_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Academy Curacao, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for this review. Hope to see you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Dolphin Swim and Sea Lion Encounter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My mom and I did the dolphin swim and I did the sea lion encounter. The dolphin swim was a lot of fun. They divided us into small groups, each with their own dolphin trainer. We swam with 2 dolphins - Gigi and Romeo. They were both very sweet. We had the chance to pet and swim with them, as well as do a few tricks. It was definitely worth the money. I had registered to do the sea lion encounter after our dolphin swim. As the time approached, I began to wonder if I would be the only one - and I was! Bob was the trainer. He was very friendly and very knowledgable. Since I was the only one, he let me parents sit under the tent where I was going to interact with Coral - the sea lion. It was amazing! I learned so much and had a ton of fun. This was definitely the highlight of the entire vacation! We had a family picture taken with Coral, as well as many others. Overall, I would say the dolphin swim and sea lion encounter are a must! The sea lion encounter was extra special since I was the only one doing it, but it would still be fun with other people!

1 Thank Indiana_Kristen_1
Thank you for reviewing the Dolphin Swim and Sea Lion Encounter. We're glad to read you had a great time during both programs.

Paris, France
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Dreaming about this for a long time, we had to do this, even if it was a bit expensive (90$ for encounter, 150$ for swim, 180$ for snorkel). I mean when else will you be meeting a dolphin?

The trainers are extremely motivated to teach you everything you want to know about dolphins and let you play with them. It is educational, wonderful and just a lot of fun to be there with these intelligent animals.

The dolphins are looked after very well and are sometimes even taken out into the open ocean (once trained), so there need be no concern about the animals health.

The whole sea aquarium is a great visit and this was just the cherry on top!

2 Thank baroninparis
Dolphin_Academy, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin Academy Curacao, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thanks for the review. We appreciate it and are glad when our visitors find the programs educational as well. This is our goal also, to educate while having a great time.

Kind regards,