“Good food, high prices”
Review of Portofino Restaurant - CLOSED

Portofino Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Portofino Restaurant, one of the top Italian Restaurants in Curacao, offers innovative Italian cuisine in an inviting Mediterranean atmosphere. At night dishes such as the excuisite seafood pasta are served in an elegant and cozy indoor dining environment. An extensive wine list has been composed with care. Top off your dinner with a delightful and authentic Italian tiramisu and you will have a dining experience to remember long after your visit is over... Breakfast is served in the main dining room and on the comfortable open air terrace, with freshly brewed coffee, pastries, fresh fruit and much more.
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the fancier restaurants at the Marriott. While the food is delicious, the dinner portions are incredulously small. If you've spent a rigorous day in the sun swimming, you might want to head elsewhere. The staff is amazingly sweet and will go the extra mile for you with regard to off menu items, substations, and even has a few gluten free items as well as vegan and vegetarian. The breakfast buffet is $28 dollars, and has a plethora of options, but I recommend ordering of the menu for breakfast.

1  Thank Cyndi V

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I dined at this restaurant while staying at the Marriott resort the 1st-2nd week of February. Simply Superb. As airline employees, my wife and I have eaten in some fine restaurants around the world, and this has to be one of the top ones. It's difficult to say what was better--The food or the service! Here's an example:

Eating there the first time was very good (Osso Bucco and a seafood Pasta) and included visits from the Sous Chef, as well as from the Executive Chef, Enrico Luise asking us how our dinner was? I then got talking to the Executive Chef, Enrico Luise, who told us he was originally from Italy (The Sous Chef had studied in Argentina and Paris).

My memories wandered back to Northern Italian Cuisine on my many trips to Italy, and I spoke fondly of Scallopinni Con Funghi (Veal with Mushrooms). Chef Luise asked me if I would like to have it prepared as a dinner for my wife and I on our last night at the resort??? I had mentioned that it wasn't on the menu. He said, he'd be happy to get the ingredients, and that he'd give us a call.

We were a little bit skeptical that this would actually come true, but lo and behold, on our last day, around 2 in the afternoon, we get a personal call from the Executive Chef in our room, informing us that "Yes, he was able to get all the ingredients, and would we be down for dinner that evening!!" We of course said yes, and yes, it was wonderful...including a visit once again at our table from both the Executive and Sous Chefs.

Now THAT'S what I call service!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Lelieth was the friendliest server, introducing our chef, Arnold to us. Amazing food & great service. The pianist was very talented--truly adding that extra touch of class to our dining experience at Portofino.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were staying at another hotel adjacent to the Marriott & decided to walk over & eat at the Mariott's restaurant, Portofino, for dinner. The wait staff were very pleasant seating us outside. My wife & I wanted something light so we both ordered salads to start with. My wife had the rucula (their spelling) salad & I had the Caesar salad. Both were good, but nothing exceptional. My wife ordered the mushroom risotto which she enjoyed. I had another appetizer, the tuna carpaccio, & it was fresh & tasted good. We also had three glasses of wine since it took awhile to get our food. We had a crème brulee for dessert. When I got the bill, I was surprised at the total cost. Shame on me for me not checking the details of the bill (it was pretty dark), but it included a 15 percent service charge that I did not see so I added a 17 percent tip on top of the already charged 15 percent. I was surprised for a couple of reasons - (1) how many restaurants place an automatic service charge for two people & (2) why didn't the wait staff point that out before I added another tip. This really left a bitter taste for the experience

3  Thank RonDog82
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We enjoyed eating outside. The menu is limited and the portions were skimpy on the seafood. We would not return and prefer to eat off the complex somewhere in Willemstad. It just wasn't worth the price and there are other options. Just ok.

1  Thank Travel2livewell