My wife, two children (ages 1 and 2), and I loved the R.S.A. resort and Curacao.
About the resort: Although it does not look like much when you approach it from the road -- it is simply beautiful. It is a relatively small complex on some sort of small island. There are 3 pools, including a kiddie pool, as well as a jacuzzi. It has a small private beach on the lagoon. The beach is small, but great for kids and there are so many beautiful public beaches on the island to visit.
/The room: Our one-bedroom suite was better than expected. Our room (204) overlooked the dolphin show. It had a large bedroom, full kitchen, livingroom, walk-in closet, and vanity area separate from bathroom. A large terrace stretches across the whole suite allowing you to enter it from the livingroom or the bedroom -- which is great if people are sleeping in the livingroom (which has two murphy beds). The only thing missing was a washer and dryer although there is one by the pools.
Service: The service is great and the resort is spotless. My wife loved coming back to a spotless room, especially with two toddlers who tend to make a mess on a daily basis.
People on the island: We found everyone in Curacao to be extremely friendly and helpful. Learning some words, like thank you, in the local language, which is a mix of Spanish, Portugese and Dutch, will go a long way. We never felt unsafe no matter where we were and we drove all over the island. You never feel trapped at the resort for fear of safety.
A car: We needed wheels as we felt there was not enough to see and do at the resort. The Aquarium next door is fun for a day. There is a larger beach in walking distance, but the best ones are about a 40-50 minute drive and are just amazing (see photos).
Food: We found the local supermarket (Strada) had everything we needed, even diapers, wipes, swimmies, etc. We would recommend bringing your own babyfood and formula. We liked all the restaurants (except Hemingways) and recommend a visit to the Kura Hulanda Resort in Willemstead.
If you love big resorts with lots of activites or the all-inclusive thing, this resort is not for you! It is not a partying kind of place but is great for a family with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad