this hotel is very very quiet. if you are looking for a relaxing getaway to do nothing but sit by the beach and/or pool..then this place is it for you. most of the people that stay here are older and are timeshare owners. there aren't any activities for the children to do. the pools are very plain. the beach is nice for children since it's a private beach and very shallow and calm. the restaurant on site is surprisingly very good. our hotel room was a studio which means we had a limited kitchen and two double beds. i cannot even begin to tell you how bad the room smelled of mold. no matter how much a/c we put, it was still so terrible. the rooms are only cleaned once a week so the day it's cleaned, the smell of mold improves but then gets bad again. the towels are changed and the garbage is taken out every day but no cleaning is done in the rooms. the people who work at the resort are extrememly friendly and helpful and make sure they know you by name. Curacao itself is a beautiful island and the people are very nice. if we were to return, we would not stay at this resort since it just doesn't meet the needs of families travelling with young children with regard to activities to keep them busy. this is an average hotel at best. i would recommend staying at the marriot for a more "resort" atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad