My first impression of the hotel was a good one, reception was excellent, got wifi password and was quite contented.... that was until I was directed to my room... I had to exit the hotel lobby-that is to walk back outside- in order to access stairs/elevator. I was a bit terrified because it was my first time at this hotel and I was alone. But I did make it to my room safely and was impressed with the room. It was huge with a king bed with an old tattered couch and recliner. But what cheered me up was the balcony. I had a beautiful view of Punda and the floating bridge which I really enjoyed. The downside was that there's NO WIFI once you get to your room. Only the lobby. I asked for coffee and a coffee maker for my room and was surprised when all I got was a coffee maker and 2 cups!! Where did the expect me to get the coffee/creamer/sugar from?
The following morning, left my room and noticed the carpet in the corridors had a horrible smell. I practically held my breath! Then I had to use the rather slow and hot elevator and again exit the hotel to access the lobby and the cafe for breakfast. That's when I saw the pool. One word-disgusting. I won't even bathe my dog in there. For breakfast I was served cold eggs, watery coffee and tasty hot arepas. The nice lady at breakfast made me forget that my eggs were cold because of her warm smile and friendly demeanor. If you don't like the cafe food, just do like I did... theres KFC, Subway and Pizza Hut downstairs. Or the Mall next door with a wide variety of tasty food.
In conclusion, yes I will stay here again if i need to do business. The furniture was old and needs to be changed, but the bed was clean, view was beautiful and the staff was friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EM City Hotel Stay at EM City Hotel and experience the rich history of Curacao all around you. Otrobanda and Willemstad is the home of many buildings that form part of unique historic districts. These are part of the the UN/UNESCO World Heritage list and are therefore being protected by law. Many buildings have been renovated, while keeping their original architecture form. There are various Museums in the area that will allow you to have a unique experience of the rich history of Curacao. By staying at EM City hotel you will be located in the center of it all by only seconds and minutes walk from your hotel. EM City Hotel is right in the center of it all: entertainment districts, shopping, financial district, health district, governmental district, culture and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your E M City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel Willemstad
- Howard Johnson Curacao Plaza Hotel And Casino
- Howard Johnson Willemstad
- Willemstad Howard Johnson
- E M City Hotel Curacao/Willemstad