6,197 results
All reviews sun club bluewater grill japanese restaurant entertainment team world cafe flamingo building da mario preferred club a la carte restaurants seafood the blue water grill fire show coco cafe candy man oceana bar baby love kids club
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed with family from June 8-June 15. Upon arrival at 3 our rooms were not ready. We went to the buffet to eat and at 4 we went back to see if rooms were done, and only 1 of the 2 rooms was ready. The following is an honest review...

I have stayed at many all inclusive resorts, some great and some not so great. This one is right in the middle. The food was lacking in choice and dinner/lunch service in restaurants was exceptionally slow and that is the reason for only 3 of 5. More choice and faster service at restaurants would bump up my rating.

PROs: The people working are super nice and friendly. Always helpful and smiling. The water is amazing too, clear and cool. The snorkeling is great too along the rock wall. Bring your own snorkel mask as you can only borrow for 1hr for free or $10 per day. I liked the drinks, and didn't think they were watered down. Towels were provided. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We were able to control the temperature of the shower water. The fridge was restocked daily with some beer and some sodas. The tap water is fine to drink (both in the hotel and outside of the hotel. Curacao has some of the cleanest water). Wi-Fi worked really well in the room and on the hotel grounds.The grounds of the hotel were kept clean as was the beach area. Our favorite dinners were the Hibachi and the Italian. The family seemed to like the Oceana Restaurant too (I don't eat fish). Many nights we went to the Oceana to place to-go orders for dessert (cheese cake and brownie....both are very good). The shows at night were fun and the entertainment team works super hard. Norma at the Sugar Reef Bar was super awesome and friendly! We definitely enjoyed visiting with her!!

CONS: The buffet is hit or miss, it was mostly miss for us. They seemed to have limited amounts of fruit. The family said the omelets were good. We were only able to get chips at lunch twice during our stay. We learned after the first day to place a to-go order for burgers and hotdogs at the grill. Its not faster, but at least you can sit at the beach while you wait. Service in all of the restaurants was very slow. At the Italian restaurant it took almost 3 hours from start to finish. My mom got a chunk of fat instead of a steak at the steakhouse. The steaks that we did get was good, but again service was super slow. We left before dessert. None of us starved at this resort, but I am glad we didn't pay more for our stay here. We were in building 5 and doors are near to the employee area. They were VERY loud in the mornings. We had the do not disturb sign up and they came in and cleaned anyway. Our friends were woken up at 9am by house keeping. I wish I had brought water shoes as most points of entry into the water is VERY VERY ROCKY. Our AC unit did not keep the room very cool. I asked them to check on it and never changed...it was warm at times in our room. No hand towels provided. I did not know until we were in our room that room service is not included unless you are a part of sun club. Not a big deal to us, but might be to some.

Shopping area with restaurants is located about a 10 min walk out the front of the resort and to the right. They have a beach area that is really nice and cost $3.50 per person. Lots of restaurants and bars and a night club. There is also a couple of restaurants to the left of the resort out the front doors as well, within walking distance.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Room tip: building 5 was very noisy because of the proximity to the employee area
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank RAH_RAHx2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the hotel with my wife in early June. The hotel is clean, with a nice garden, as well as the beach and the sea. Rooms are cleaned daily. There are a lot of animation programs during the day and also in the evening. If someone is looking for quieter accommodation, I can recommend Seagull rooms. The diet is good, although it is sometimes long waiting for service. There are good ice creams, but only from 12:30 to 15:30. The dispensing point is somewhat secret, it is a small window between the main dining room (Café World) and the Italian restaurant Da Mario. We visited the Ocean Fish Restaurant once (it was a disappointment), twice the Da Mario (I can recommend salmon and appetizer with Parma ham). We liked the best at the Grill bar on the beach. We were there three times and tried almost the whole menu and we all liked it a lot. Also, the service was more attentive. And the seaside atmosphere with the sunset view is unrepeatable. The big advantage is the possibility of a free trip to the capital city Willemstad. Certainly worth a visit. The hotel staff is very helpful.Unfortunately, some except native Spanish have only a limited knowledge of English.

Room tip: Quiet rooms are Seagull
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Milan J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The beach was beautiful very clean and well kept. The food was not good but not awful, my husband and I left the resort many times for a meal. The entertainment during the day/night was great and overall the staff was pretty friendly. Due to the quality of the food,
I wouldn’t stay here again We also stayed at the tower, there was music right outside our room at Club Mambo until 2 am most nights - very difficult to sleep.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Seaside38620037398
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived in Curaçao at 1:00 p.m.
We were driven immediately to the resort where we stood in line for possibly 30 minutes. We were told our room would be ready in an hour and a half and told to go eat at an outdoor buffet. Food had been sitting out a while. It’s 4:30 and we are still waiting for our room. And....we were just told it’s going to be another HOUR before we can go to our room.

Not a good sign. I knew we should’ve gone back to Aruba. What was I thinking!

Not blaming the sweet girls at the desk. This is all on management. Check in at 3:00? Don’t hold your breath.
: /

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Browning125
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sunscape sits on a beautiful beach. One of the best of the resorts. The first room we were in was average and functional but a bit outdated, which we didn't mind as we are here for the beach and snorkeling not the room. There was an issue with an air conditioning duct leaking on to the floor which maintenance came and fixed but leaked in the middle of the night which in turn caused me to slip and fall in the middle of the night. The next morning I asked to be moved and we were upgraded to a nicer room and given 2 complimentary 50 minute massages. Staff bent over backwards to apologize and remedy the situation. We were moved to a much larger and nicer room in the Royal Tower.
Food at the buffet was decent, large selection, beef chicken and pork dishes always available, fruit, breads etc. A la carte restaurants above average, nice selection.
The beach was 5 star, water amazing and the snorkeling here was better than an actual snorkeling excursion we took in Mexico.
The staff at this resort is exceptional ! Always smiling, helpful, kind and accommodating, couldn't ask for any better. All in all one of the best vacations ever, can't wait to go back.

Trip type: Traveled with family