6,062 results
All reviews sun club bluewater grill japanese restaurant entertainment team world cafe flamingo building da mario seafood preferred club a la carte restaurants the blue water grill fire show coco cafe candy man oceana bar baby love kids club
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned last night from a week at Sunscape Curacao. We had been there a few times before, when it was under the Breezes chain, and found that Sunscape has definately improved the resort.

The staff at Sunscape really do go out of their way to help. Without exception everyone we met that worked there was smiling, helpful and genuinely seemed to be pleased to help you. I'll give a shoutout to Kenneth in the Pelican area bar and to Yvonne in the coffee bar. Both are stars and are a definite asset to this resort!

We both found the resort to be very clean. While a few days our room wasn't done till 4:30, and generally not till after 3, which is annoying, but it was always spotless and we had plenty of towels at all times. Our bar fridge was stocked daily. Plenty of hot water and the air conditioner worked as it should. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the thick housecoats were cozy after a day in the sun.

The location of our room really made our vaction. I had emailed ahead to request a quiet room as we are seniors, and our request was taken care of. We were in room 7101 and it was a larger room than normal, facing the ocean and literally maybe 15' to the sand. We had sliding doors on two sides of the room, and a private patio with small table, two chairs and a rack to dry wet bathing suits. As I'm an early riser, I would get up early and sit on the beach with a cappacino and managed to get the hut directly in front of our room all week. That is the perfect way to start the day!

There were always loungers available, though shade is at a premium. Always had fresh towels available at the towel hut.

I didn't swim in the pool, as I found them to be small and weird shaped. The best pool is for the Sun Club which is too bad, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to swim daily in a pool on vacation and it couldn't be done in the main pools.

We love to play in casinos and when this was Breezes, the casino was always packed and we had fun. Not this time, it was virtually empty every time we went in, and you have to put money on a card, instead of into the machine. There are tons of new machines, but kiss your money goodbye. I didn't know until the end of our week, that they charge you $2 for the card and it's returned to you when you return the card. No one told me and I was throwing them out after losing my money. So $20 gets you$18 on the card, return your card, get $2 refund. It would have been nice to know this right from the start.

I had mentioned that it was our anniversary and we were greeted with a banner across our door wishing us Happy Anniversary and we were given a bottle of bubbly, which was very thoughtful of management.

The only complaint we had was the food. The buffet definately has a large selection to choose from, but a lot of it wasn't things I'd eat and most items are not hot. Even the restaurants serve food that isn't hot. . Example is the Italian restuarant. We went one night and I had salad, soup and pasts with tomato sauce. The soup was barely warm, and the sauce on the pasta wasn't hot and the pasta was just cooked to mush. I didn't eat it. Dinner at the steak/rib place it was the same type of thing. We had ribs one night and they were very good, but the potato and veg on the plate was cold. Not warm, but cold. This seemed to be the theme of most meals, and the buffet. With a little tweaking in the food department, this resort would really shine. Perhaps a smaller selection of food on the buffet of better quality food would be better. Complaints about the food was definately a topic of discussion among the guests last week. I hope that they listen to their guests and work on it.

While the food was the low point of the trip, we never went hungry. Don't expect gourmet though.

Overall, we had a wonderful vacation at Sunscape Curacao. I would recommend it as a wonderful, relaxing place to visit.

Room tip: Quieter end is the opposite of the high rise building.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cherryg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited sunscape back in October 2018.. and I just want to say it truly was amazing ..I was skeptical for this trip for it was the first time our son was traveling with us out of the country ... and I am absolutely a helicopter mom... we had an ocean view honeymoon suite.. the room was clean the bathroom was very clean and in perfect condition... our bags were taking immediately to our room and we were treated with fresh snacks refreshments and cocktails as soon as we walked up to check in... the hotel is definitely small however it was really nice to be able to go to my room quick and grab something I forgot or allow my son to run to the room if he needed something with out having to escort him.. no matter what time we got up we were always able to get great chairs with an umbrella right or the beach or at the pool ... there are a few pools so my son wanted to explore and because of the size and the incredible staff we were able to enjoy or vacation as well as give our son a little independence... there were so many activities for him to join in on he couldn’t wait to start each day .. the staff really does an incredible job entertaining the kids .. the snorkeling was the best ever .. we have been to many many Caribbean vacations and some places more than once and this by far was the best ... the hotel is small so there is not a lot of bars or restaurants to choose from.. but at each restaurants we visited we never had be disappointed because we didn’t wait in line for several hours to try and clever get a reservation and we were never told that all reservations were booked for the whole week .. we have been to a few much larger resorts with tons of restaurants and many times were not able to even try them out cause all the reservations were already booked ... the drinks were delicious and the bartenders were fun and attentive and remembered what we drank even if we only had one during that day ... we walked to the dolphin aquarium it literally took less then 8 minutes we were right next to mambo beach.. we took a taxi to town for $2.00 US dollars round trip .. seriously that’s no joke .. we went on an excursion to visit all the beaches and our host was friggen hysterical and made the trip one to remember ... the reviews are all over the place so this I will say... for the price and the relaxation and the incredible beach and view from our room and the way we were treated and welcomed from all of the staff we have already booked again for the same time this year .. oct 2019...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Tasha B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful surroundings. Very pleasant. Good variety of foods. Very nice people. Perfect vacation to relax and unwind. Great day trip to town to shop and explore. You never need to leave the resort. Entertainment was teen based. Wish they had an airport shuttle.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank kevinmY8716RI
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a nice resort and the people from UVC are amazing. Angella took care of us perfectly.
The room service is the weakness of the resort. We were missing things on a regulary basis in our room. We had to call to get towels or the bar to be refilled many times during our stay. Music coming from Mambo beach next to the resort untill 2 am was a problem during two nights.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Global17895796304
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been to so many other all inclusive resorts so sunscape Curacao was just ok compared to the others! I will say it was good for the price. If you are vacationing on a budget than this is the place for you! Rooms were nice but the shower was awful as there was no place to put anything so every time I needed something I had to step out of the shower and grab it from the sink. We upgraded to the sun club building which was nice, private beach but the only negative thing was residents over took the water every day which was a huge negative. Sun club offers nicer chairs with cushions very comfortable and beach beds, your own private pool and bar but the bar and towel shack closes much too early. With the sun club you get room service from 7am-11pm but there’s extremely minimal choices. And we had to call everyday to have our water restocked in our minibar which should be done automatically. There were also no robes or slippers when we arrived In our room. They didn’t have washcloths in the bathroom, another thing we had to ask for. Beach and pools were nice. Food was good but not much to choose from at each restaurant. Buffet was only good at breakfast. The hotel was overall ok which did not prevent us from having a fantastic time! I read several reviews of having no hot water in the shower and I didn’t experience that at all. I also saw lots of people complained about the wait time for food which I didn’t see a problem with either! I would not consider this a 4 star resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family