We stayed here the beginning of February for one week. The weather was beautiful and my husband and son thoroughly enjoyed the snorkelling. We picked this place because of the break wall, which ensured nice calm waters for snorkelling.
We have travelled as a family to many different Caribbean countries, and there were just a couple of things that were good and not so good.
The rooms were very clean and the fridge stocked daily with juice box's, beer and pop. If you had a specific request for the fridge, a small note placed inside the fridge Is all that is needed. Even though the tap water was safe, we requested two bottles of water each day and there weren't any issues.
There was a different movie on the big screen on the beach each night at 7:30 pm. This was great, because it was either a kids/family movie that we could enjoy after supper. A table was set up with individual bags of popcorn and juice as self serve. This was a really great touch!
There wasn't a huge amount as far as kids entertainment, only if you registered them with the kids club. Our son only did this once, he just wanted to check it out for an hour or so. The staff there were friendly, and after filling out some forms, they provide you with a beeper just in case. This is also a great service.
We felt safe enough to walk to the aquarium which was about 10 mins. away. We also hopped onto the local bus to go to Willemstad. Both were enjoyable, and its nice to get out for a bit of sightseeing.
When going to any of the restaurants on the resort, I agree with everyone else, you MUST be there at least a half an hour before it opens or you don't get a spot.
The buffet needs the most work, as service is very sketchy. It didn't matter if it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. Sometimes you had service, most times not. The food was okay, but like most buffets at resorts you tend to get a little tired of it no matter what. They did have a kids area at the buffet with hotdogs, burgers, pizza etc. the nice thing is that there are regular condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayo and familiar brands. This will appeal to anyone who's been to Cuba and miss these simple pleasures.
We knew there were still rooms needing work so I emailed the resort a couple of weeks before we left politely requesting a renovated room if available. We received a prompt response, not guaranteeing the request but that it was noted in our reservation and they would do their best to accommodate.
We stayed in a beautiful, modern and clean room and we were very pleased with the comfort of the bed. The balcony is also one of the largest we've had, and they come with a little stand on the balcony to place wet bathing suits to dry. (Also a nice touch).
Overall nice spot, nice family getaway. Can't worry about the tiny things, nothing is ever perfect and your vacation is only as good as you make it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad