We arrived 12/21 and decided to meet with the worker at the desk to give her copies of our wedding invite and marriage license to prove we were in fact a honeymoon couple. She said we were one day's stay short of getting the whole honeymoon package (which I'm not sure what that consisted of because she never explained-nor did we really care).
However, we "made the cut" for a 1 morning breakfast in bed, 1 special romantic bed turn down night, 1 special dinner on the beach. Well, the breakfast was awful! All hot food was cold, eggs were watery, bacon was all fat, juice was warm, yogurt was awful. We never received our special bed turn down (it was suppose to occur on Christmas Day night) and we were never asked again about the special dinner on the beach or told how to arrange it.
The pools were awesome, very clean! There were a million loud kids around, especially by the main pool- which we only frequented a few times.
Our room was not very nice. The bathroom was dirty with other people's hair, our toilet overflowed all over the bathroom, hallway and into the room with the bed- which was on Christmas Eve. Although when I called to report it, they had someone there to fix and clean it up in like 5 minutes so that was a plus! But after that it smelled horrible in our bathroom every day thereafter.
On a daily basis, housekeeping would change our sheets and that's about it. Some restocked our toiletries but some didn't. I had to run around and find a cart with towels, toilet paper etc. to restock it ourselves.
The food at the Italian and Japanese places were good but the service at the buffet was not so good at times. Sometimes we left there after a meal without having anything to drink. We learned to stop at the bar to get a drink and bring it into the buffett eatery area.
I would suggest taking bug spray with you because I had a total of 32 mosquito bites during our 6 night stay. It was hard to sit outside each night to enjoy the entertainment because I'd have 6 or 7 new bites every morning.
I'd say everything at the resort was inconsistant. Except the weather and the snorkeling- it was awesome! We made it fun because we were with each other and out of the cold... but I wouldn't suggest this as a honeymoon resort.
I think it would be great for families/friends and there's a lot of activities for the children; hence why it's not very romantic. Not to mention, our "special honeymoon treats" were awful or just plain didn't happen. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad