The Sunscape was a very pleasant surprise after reading several not so positive reviews. We were very pleased with the location from the airport. The resort was very well maintained and located in the perfect spot right by the beach. The Sunscape provides a shuttle service to and from the airport which is very nice. Check in was not too complicated and they were gracious in granting us special upgrades for our honeymoon.
The staff at the Sunscape was responsive and attentive. We stayed in room 3101 in the Plover building which was at first a little too close to the beach and restaurants. We attempted unsuccessfully to change our room to another location where other Preferred Club members were staying. The room eventually grew on us being located close to the lobby, beach, and restaurants so we didn't press to change rooms anymore.
The restaurants are excellent, Oceana being our favorite. The buffet at the World Cafe had many different offerings and would satisfy any appetite. The drinks were excellent! We found the beach concierge offered by the Preferred Club to be a pleasant luxury. It's a good idea to bring your own (larger) cup to the bars and concierge for drinks. The strawberry daiquiris are highly recommended :)
There was a nice little enclave surrounding the beach were snorkeling and other water sports were offered. The beaches were a little rocky so be advised to wear your sandals into the water. The Sunscape provides snorkeling equipment for an hour which is plenty of time to scope out the little enclave.
We were very pleased with how they treated us on our honeymoon. We were given a complimentary bottle of champagne, turndown service at night, offered couples massages, and given a pleasant private dining on the beach; many thanks to Gwengelo our wonderful waiter!.
We would recommend that the front desk staff be more aware of the "back of house" activities such as lost and found and turndown service, other than that the staff was exceptional. There could be better Wifi service offered throughout the resort but in the Preferred Club lobby the service was fine.
Overall, we are very happy with our decision to stay at Sunscape for our honeymoon. It is close to down town Willemstad and also the Dolphin Academy which we adored! Would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Curacao.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad