We stayed for 5 nights in August. 7 members in our party aged 4 to 80. We'd called the resort before travel to be sure they had our names on the airport transport list. Transport from the airport was quick and friendly; they gave us cold water bottles which were most welcome. We'd paid for garden view rooms and requested all renovated rooms, two rooms on first floor (due to age & pregnancy) and one room nearby but not necessarily on first floor. At check- in we asked where the rooms were and found two were on the ground floor but the third room was on the other side of the resort. Chris was very patient and kind in switching things around to get us what we'd requested. In the end we had three rooms in Pelican building, two on ground floor just outside kiddie pool and one just above. All had lovely large balconies or patios. This location was perfect for us--kids pools right there so we could sit outside our room and supervisr, Oceania grill with fresh food right there, sandy beach a few steps away, plus a lovely view. There were rarely any other children in the pool so it felt very private. Rooms were nice...spacious, clean and the a/c worked well. Shower was large and we had plenty of hot water. We never opened the fridge, so can't say if it was stocked. Rooms was cleaned and towels replaced as needed. Our telephones worked fine. Don't know about the TV as we didn't use it. Even though the restaurant was right outside our rooms, it was not a noise problem in the evening.
We had taken water shoes which enabled us to explore the jettys more than we could have without them. Water was lovely, clear, and full of fish. We'd brought snorkel gear and used it every day--truly outstanding just being able to swim out and along the rock wall and enjoy the fish. Our kids used the kayak and rock-climbing walls; we saw other folks using the wind surfer. We did take the free shuttle in Willimsted one day (be sure to reserve the day before). We did pool aerobics twice and saw one of the evening shows. I believe the show was put on by a local dance studio--we enjoyed their energy and creativity.
Our grandkids did not use the Explorers Club except to participate in a pool party one afternoon, but we frequently saw the staff out and about with the children; the kids seemed to be having a good time and the staff seemed to take their care of the children very seriously. Our grandkids did enjoy the shuffle board and chess board.
We tried all the food venues. The coffee and capaccinos were outstanding at the buffet and the coffee shop. I loved that the coffee shop was open early until late so you could always get a quick snack and coffee. The day of arrival we had cheesecake from the coffee shop that was the best we'd every had! We ate at each restaurant. Food at the buffet was good (not outstanding, but good to v good. Oceana dinner was delightful (Sasha had our table and did a great job). The Italian restaurant had exceptionally slow service and our least favorite food (but we come from an area with a lot of good Italian food, so that was probably to be expected). .At Blue Water Grill the fish was very good but all of our steaks (though tasty, well-seasoned and cooked to order, were really, really tough. I suspect they were not sliced properly (you need to cut against the grain with some cuts of meat). All in all the food at Sunscape was better than the food at the two all inclusives we stayed at in Jamaica). Be sure to have long pants if you are a man and not to wear flip flops. We generally got lunch at the grill at Oceana; Iona does a really nice job with the fish and chicken. We didn't have an liquor so I can't speak about the quality of the alcohol served.
The staff were very pleasant, kind and patient, expecially the wait staff at the buffet with our grandkids. I think usually if you are pleasant to folks they will be pleasant in return. If I were to return to Curacao (which I probably wouldn't because there are no direct flights from where we are), I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it for other families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad