5,630 results
All reviewssun clubbluewater grilljapanese restaurantentertainment teamworld cafeflamingo buildinga la carte restaurantsseafoodda mariofire showthe blue water grillcoco cafeoceana barjohnny rocketbaby lovecandy mankids club
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our first time there but we were pleasantly surprised with the all inclusive enviroment. Some ammenities were not four or five star but overall is was a pleasure to stay there. Room was dated but clean and comfortable with a great view of the beach and only minutes to beach and all facilities. Phone and internet were definately sub-standard and a little problem but we weren't there for that stuff anyway. Activities were fun and staff generally friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephen L L
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Putting it simply, all of these reviews are correct, take the average of the reviews to heart, understand what you are getting into, and dont expect too much and you will have fun.

If this weren't our honeymoon the extremely poor customer service may not have bothered us as much.

Location is absolutely amazing had major potential!

The food is good, with very little variety. Very comparable quality to iberostar food, maybe slightly below on the deserts.

Since it was our honeymoon we informed them upon booking and at the front desk upon arrival. We booked with the Vip club but We were put in the non vip building with a broken bed, building 7 I believe. After complaining for 30 minutes to the front desk the next day we were finally let into the vip room and moved to the correct building 8 flamingo after another hour of our vacation was wasted complaining.

Once in the new room we were satisfied and thought we were on the right track. Well, we were wrong we never received our flowers and champagne upon arrival, petite fours, or fresh fruit we were promised as part of our honeymoon package. We went to the vip room and complained daily, even multiple times some days and still we left the resort our final day without the full honeymoon package experience that lead us to book here over our usual Iberostar vacation. Needless to say we are extremely upset and hurt by this treatment as we only get one honeymoon and it was ruined by the staff. I would like to note that there was one very friendly lady in the vip club who seemed to keep trying to help us, her name started with a V, I cant remember it sorry.

Beyond the disregard for our honeymoon expectations we generally enjoyed the facilities. The location was beautiful, but the staff usually ended up putting a damper on the trip. Including: 1. being rude and unhelpful at the concierge when asking about a shuttle and lying to us that it was full and the nice woman in the vip club looked at the book and told us there was room.
2. The water sports activities such as group wind surfing lessons never showing up 2 days in a row, then kicking us off the boards later in the day for a different group class we were never told about.
3., not allowing us to go on a catamaran when other people were using it.
4. Not being at the rock wall, and acting like it was an inconvenience when we asked to climb it.
5. Waitresses forgetting about us for 30 minutes with no water refill or bringing back what we requested 3 different times.
6. Not refilling the Bottled water in the room refrigerator after repeatedly asking. Finally we stopped them in the hallway and got it refilled twice.
7. The bar was always out of the drink of day, or one of the juices we wanted and were rude when we asked for it initially not knowing.

All this could be summed up and due to lazy workers. When we addressed the workers most just seemed like they were bothered and annoyed, no matter what the request and when we were polite each time. And they had no respect to the schedule or resort expectations. I think the employees need a very intensive course in customer service and courtesy.

Another down side was the building facilities. It just looked like what was fixed was repaired quickly or halfway suck as crackled tiles, broken beach chairs with no padding, smeared paint all over edges and ceilings, and somewhat dirty edging at the bars and pools. This again could be summed up by the lazy workers.

I truly feel like this could be an amazing resort if the employees just cared about the guests. This simple solution could have lead to more organization and the completion of our honeymoon package,.proper booking from the beginning, and a more enjoyable experience.

We really did enjoy the beach, food, and overall aesthetics of the resort, but are so dissatisfied by our treatment and the lack of consideration towards our honeymoon that we didn't fully enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Ppatric81
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just returned from a weeklong trip to Curacao and should have listened to the earlier reviews. This place was a real disappointment.

Let me start with the positive. The resort was beautiful and the rooms were comfortable. We stayed in building 7 and it and building 8 are clearly superior to the others. If you are a SCUBA diver, you will find the diving facilities and personnel to be excellent. This is likely due to the fact that the dive operations are owned and managed separately from the resort.

The problem is that most of the employees have no interest in taking care of the guests and the food, in a nutshell, is terrible. The choices are few and the quality is poor. Some reviewers have attributed the poor customer service to the culture of the locals but I disagree. When off the resort, we found many friendly people. The resort employees are simply not well managed or motivated.

If you choose to visit Curacao, stay somewhere else. There are many beautiful properties on the island and most of them simply must be better than this.

Room Tip: Demand a room in building 7 or 8.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BBotes
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just returned from a week at the Sunscape Resort in Curaçao. It was great I really was surprise by the reviews I read I thought I was going to hell those reviews were so unfair.yes it was things that wasn't right but they were minor it did not affect the overall performance of the resort is it a five star resort no, but it didn't cost like one either don't compare it to all the other places you been its a unique experience you must go downtown enjoy the city as well as the beeches the landscape and houses are beautiful

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Milton A
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Sunsape Resort Spa and Casino is a great place to stay on Curacao. My boyfriend and spent two weeks at Sunscape Resort in April and we loved it. We booked through a travel agency (Expedia) and were pleasantly surprised when our room was upgraded from a garden view to an ocean view. I thought the room was fantastic. Perfect size with a great balcony, lots of windows to let light in, and a wonderful view. It was in the Flamingo building and a bit out of the way and up three flights of stairs (no elevator), but it was well worth it. It would be nice if the resort had more blankets in the room. A couple of nights my boyfriend was too hot, so turned the AC on. I ended up being far too cold and throwing sarongs and scarves on the bed for added warmth (still not enough). The bathroom shower was also a little dated, but overall the bathroom was fine. I thought the selection of TV channels was great. Usually a decent movie/show on to wind down and go to sleep to. Minibar was refreshed daily, although only received bottled water once. I think the hotel should supply bottled water to the rooms on a regular basis. I found this disappointing.

The resort has just enough to keep you entertained for the day. Normally when we travel we don’t spend much time at the actual resort, but we did spend two full days and most of our afternoon/evenings there. There is a large area corralled off from the ocean that you can snorkel, kayak, paddleboat, or windsurf in (all equipment supplied by resort). I spent a lot of time trying to learn how to windsurf. You can also take the resort bicycles out for a little tour, although I wouldn’t recommend off-roading as the bikes are more for town riding. We took the bikes to Jan Thiel beach through a little footpath (about 3km from the resort) and on the way back the tire of my boyfriend’s bike went flat. We never did find the time to try the rock climbing wall, which I regret. There is also a decent gym (could use new treadmills though) and a large outdoor shuffle board and chess games. Having the Dive Shop and one shore dive included per day is also a huge, huge plus. The dive company (Ocean Encounters) is great and we took advantage of the shore diving to get more night diving experience. We booked a 5 day diving package with Ocean Encounters as well, but there are two other reputable dive companies’ located within immediate walking distance of the Resort (The Dive Bus and Twin Divers), so you have your pick.

With 4 Restaurants and a buffet there was no shortage of places to eat at. The Japanese Restaurant was my favorite because of the interactive cooking experience. Most of the food served at all the restaurants was pretty similar (except the Japanese Restaurant), but the dining experience at each restaurant was different. So definitely worthwhile to try them all out! Meals at the Buffet were good. I was satisfied with the selection (not the all-star inclusive experience you get in Mexico, but this isn’t Mexico). The Ocean Breeze bar in the center of the Pelican Building was by far the best bar because it had the best service and all because of one bartender. I can’t remember her name, but she had a habit of calling everyone love or sugar. Other bar tender service was average and the poolside bar needs some serious cleaning. It smelled like a bottle depot. They serve Amstel beer at the resort, but the other local choice (Polar) is much better.

Service at the Resort was either phenomenal or poor, fortunately 75% of the time it was phenomenal! I can’t say enough about the people working at the concierge desk. So helpful, pleasant, and accommodating. Our check-in was pleasant (thank you Chris), but every other time I asked the people working behind the desk for help I was dissatisfied with their service. There are two car-rental agencies in the lobby of the hotel, but be prepared the Thrifty lady never shows up on-time. I was also quoted two different prices by two different employees.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple