$148
$370
$174
$122
$101
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
$186
$168
Avila Beach Hotel(Willemstad)
$226
$183
Priceline
5,564 results
All reviewssun clubbluewater grilljapanese restaurantentertainment teamworld cafeseafoodflamingo buildinga la carte restaurantsda mariofire showthe blue water grillcoco cafeoceana barjohnny rocketbaby lovecandy mankids club
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just returned from a week at the Sunscape Resort in Curaçao. It was great I really was surprise by the reviews I read I thought I was going to hell those reviews were so unfair.yes it was things that wasn't right but they were minor it did not affect the overall performance of the resort is it a five star resort no, but it didn't cost like one either don't compare it to all the other places you been its a unique experience you must go downtown enjoy the city as well as the beeches the landscape and houses are beautiful

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Milton A
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Sunsape Resort Spa and Casino is a great place to stay on Curacao. My boyfriend and spent two weeks at Sunscape Resort in April and we loved it. We booked through a travel agency (Expedia) and were pleasantly surprised when our room was upgraded from a garden view to an ocean view. I thought the room was fantastic. Perfect size with a great balcony, lots of windows to let light in, and a wonderful view. It was in the Flamingo building and a bit out of the way and up three flights of stairs (no elevator), but it was well worth it. It would be nice if the resort had more blankets in the room. A couple of nights my boyfriend was too hot, so turned the AC on. I ended up being far too cold and throwing sarongs and scarves on the bed for added warmth (still not enough). The bathroom shower was also a little dated, but overall the bathroom was fine. I thought the selection of TV channels was great. Usually a decent movie/show on to wind down and go to sleep to. Minibar was refreshed daily, although only received bottled water once. I think the hotel should supply bottled water to the rooms on a regular basis. I found this disappointing.

The resort has just enough to keep you entertained for the day. Normally when we travel we don’t spend much time at the actual resort, but we did spend two full days and most of our afternoon/evenings there. There is a large area corralled off from the ocean that you can snorkel, kayak, paddleboat, or windsurf in (all equipment supplied by resort). I spent a lot of time trying to learn how to windsurf. You can also take the resort bicycles out for a little tour, although I wouldn’t recommend off-roading as the bikes are more for town riding. We took the bikes to Jan Thiel beach through a little footpath (about 3km from the resort) and on the way back the tire of my boyfriend’s bike went flat. We never did find the time to try the rock climbing wall, which I regret. There is also a decent gym (could use new treadmills though) and a large outdoor shuffle board and chess games. Having the Dive Shop and one shore dive included per day is also a huge, huge plus. The dive company (Ocean Encounters) is great and we took advantage of the shore diving to get more night diving experience. We booked a 5 day diving package with Ocean Encounters as well, but there are two other reputable dive companies’ located within immediate walking distance of the Resort (The Dive Bus and Twin Divers), so you have your pick.

With 4 Restaurants and a buffet there was no shortage of places to eat at. The Japanese Restaurant was my favorite because of the interactive cooking experience. Most of the food served at all the restaurants was pretty similar (except the Japanese Restaurant), but the dining experience at each restaurant was different. So definitely worthwhile to try them all out! Meals at the Buffet were good. I was satisfied with the selection (not the all-star inclusive experience you get in Mexico, but this isn’t Mexico). The Ocean Breeze bar in the center of the Pelican Building was by far the best bar because it had the best service and all because of one bartender. I can’t remember her name, but she had a habit of calling everyone love or sugar. Other bar tender service was average and the poolside bar needs some serious cleaning. It smelled like a bottle depot. They serve Amstel beer at the resort, but the other local choice (Polar) is much better.

Service at the Resort was either phenomenal or poor, fortunately 75% of the time it was phenomenal! I can’t say enough about the people working at the concierge desk. So helpful, pleasant, and accommodating. Our check-in was pleasant (thank you Chris), but every other time I asked the people working behind the desk for help I was dissatisfied with their service. There are two car-rental agencies in the lobby of the hotel, but be prepared the Thrifty lady never shows up on-time. I was also quoted two different prices by two different employees.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Krista S
Reviewed August 1, 2013

In the weeks before our trip, I read several bad reviews of this resort and began to think that I might have made a poor choice. When researching for this family vacation, I was looking for a Carribean Island resort that was an all inclusive with activities that would be fun for the various ages in our group. I did not want an American hotel on a beach, we could have that in Florida. I wanted to experience a Carribean Island and the people and their culture. Our family group consisted of two adults in their 50's and four adults ranging in age from 18 - 28. I did NOT make a poor choice.

We arrived on Friday, July 19th and were greeted by a wonderful woman at the front desk who shook our hands and welcomed us to the island and resort and told us she hoped we would feel at home during our stay. Was she slow, yes. Did we mind, no. We were starting our vacation and immediately felt relaxed. Raymond, with his beautiful smile, gave us each a drink, brought us to our rooms and told us a bit about the resort. Our rooms were in the Pelican Bldg and had beautiful views of one of the pools and the ocean! My husband and I even had champagne on ice and a fruit and cheese platter waiting for us!

The grounds were very pretty and constantly were being maintained. The numerous activities were always available and widely used by our group. We took morning yoga, went snorkeling most every day, took the snorkeling tour, kayaked, used the paddle boats, went wind sailing and went for rides on the catamaran. I did the pool Zumba class and played pool bingo while the younger members of our family did sumo wrestling, bouncy boxing, battle of the sexes, and pool volleyball. They also played shuffleboard, took the bike tour and I'm sure many other things, too many to remember. The entertainment staff was great including Crazy G, Roshan, ChuChu Train (lol), Omar, Obryan and Caric. I hoped I mentioned them all!

The restaurants were outstanding. We ate dinner in each of the specialty restaurants and couldn't decide which was best, they were all wonderful. The food was delicious, presentation was really nice and the settings were gorgeous! We ate in a speciality restaurant each of our seven nights and only used the buffet for breakfast and a couple of lunches. The meals at the buffet were also enjoyed by our family. Our other lunches were from one of the grills. Iona worked one of the grills five of the days we were there and was an amazing, hard working woman that took such pride in her cooking!

The ocean was amazing, the color was breathtaking and we felt at times as if we were swimming in a tropical fish tank. Beautiful fish swam around us and we could see them without even snorkeling! We always found chairs either under a hut, palm tree or umbrella. We were outside all day and still had to pull ourselves away to go shower and get ready for dinner.

Evenings always began with music around the main pool. There were steel drums one night, keyboard the next, sax the next, etc. These musicians could be heard in four of the five restaurants. We often sat and had a before dinner drink and enjoyed the music. Our dinners were always several courses and very relaxing. We never felt rushed and spent a couple of hours at the table. After dinner, there was always some type of entertainment until 11:00, and then some would go to the casino or desires lounge and continue with the night while others would go back to their rooms.

We left on July 26th with many staff members seeing us off. we stayed 8 days and wished we could have stayed a few more. Did we have a wonderful vacation? You bet! Would I recommend this resort to others? Absolutely, just always remember that you are not in the US and don't expect people to rush. They live and work on island time and we really enjoyed that pace during our stay. Treat people as you would like to be treated and you will have a wonderful trip. I know that we did!

Thank you also to Kurt Klaber and many others whose names I'm now forgetting!

• Stayed: July 2013
14  Thank Maniscalki
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We returned to this all inclusive resort that we visited when it was Breezes 10 years ago. Back then the resort was wonderful, now not so. While the beach is nice, the hotel has really not been kept up during the transition from Breezes to Princess, to now Sunscape. Frankly I expected more from a resort owned by AM resorts.

What has changed? While building 8 has been remodeled, (we were in building 8) you need to join their club to get into that building. Our daughters and their families, along with my brother in law and his girlfriend were with us on this trip. One was put in the high rise building that was old, not kept up and mold in the bathroom. They were moved to building 7 and that was better but still not nice. To make matters worse we couldn't call their room because the phones don't work in part of that building. The answer is they don't know why.

Our second daughter was in a room in building 7 that was old, the tv was in a place you couldn't see it from the bed and the room wasn't very nice. My brother in law had a garden view room and they put him in a nasty high rise room with a view of a wall. They made him pay for an upgrade to move to building 8.

The buffet is tiny compared to what it was 10 years ago and there isn't a large variety. There usually wasn't more than 3 fruit choices and only 3 or 4 main dishes per meal.

Good things:

The Japanese and Steak restaurants were good.
There were plenty of chairs on the beach.

Frankly, this wasn't worth the money. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and we won't return. We will thank twice before booking any hotel owned by AM resorts.

Room Tip: Building 8 is the only building that has been updated.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Steve K
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just got back from a 5 night stay at Curacao's only all-inclusive resort . . . and we enjoyed our selves totally . . . from the moment of our arrival, the key words from the staff were "Welcome home" and they really wanted us to feel at home in every way. Perfect for couples, and also families with kids, from the younger ones to the teens . . . Only weak area was in the food offerings, but that could be addressed and improved . . . but we'll be back no matter . . .

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view . . .there's one section that's two story directly facing the beach . . . not only a beautiful view, but close to all activities as well . . . a few dollars extra, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple