Visit December 30 – Jan 6, 2013
Arrival: ½ hr trip from airport
• Most of the staff were absolutely amazing. James in security was extremely courteous and helpful. Thanks for finding us a ride home from town, James! Carolina in DaMario’s was a gracious and hardworking hostess. Rampatti was a phenomenal server throughout our stay and always had a big smile for us.
Norma was the bartender magnifico.
Sherman and Sam were the awesome Japanese chefs, great show Sherman. Jacqueline at Blue Water was super friendly and helpful. Luis did a great job following up and overseeing as much as he could. These folks all work very hard to make your stay an enjoyable one. Danki!
• You can even have dinner by candlelight by the beach, providing you buy a bottle of wine at the seafood restaurant. Get there early.
• Rooms in the Flamingo unit were great. We were on the 3rd floor and the climb up the stairs was invigorating. The views from the room, of the ocean, pool and palm trees were nice.
• Proximity to the ocean from the 3rd floor room was about 200 feet, with the pool between the beach and us.
• The sand beach is about 50 to 150 feet in depth throughout the 1500 feet of shoreline.
• Swimming in the ocean is perfect as a result of the rock breakwall located in about 15 feet depth of water. I would suggest water shoes if you plan on walking in the ocean as there are a few small rocks and shells which attract the fish, which make the area great for snorkeling and viewing the many types and colours of small fish within the lagoon. Snorkeling gear is provided, but with time restrictions. Get a decent underwater camera for pics of the fish.
• There are ample water sports available for free use, along with optional scuba diving.
• There were never any issues trying to find a lounge chair, which are all being replaced. Towels are provided, but bring your own inexpensive towel to reserve your preferred location.
• The food in the various restaurants was very good.
• DaMario, Himatsu and the Oceana Restaurants all served excellent dinners on a first come first serve basis.
• The Blue Water Grill served a decent lunch.
• The Sea Aquarium is just up the street and is a definite must. You can have your picture taken with the dolphins for a fee, or for a greater fee, you can swim with the dolphins for a hour.
• Immediately across the road you can rent dune buggies from a great guide named Romiy and he will take you for a tour to the east side of the island, where you can tour a bat cave, Ostrich farm and see some beautiful sites of ocean waves crashing on the beaches and various desert fauna.
• Willemstad is a short bus ride in from the resort and it is a colourful seaside port having open markets in various locations which service the few cruise ships that stop by. Be prepared to spend a day and an evening there to see the coloured buildings and the night lights. There is a casino on the south side of the port and if you continue around behind the casino, you will come to a variety of restaurants all sitting directly on the ocean.
• The fireworks during the New Year’s season were absolutely amazing across the island.
• At the time the guest rooms in our building did not have telephones, but the front desk was obliging and permitted us to call home to Canada at no additional charge
• According to the locals, temperature and climate are fairly consistent, year round and daylight hours are a minimum of about 11 and a maximum of about 13.
• Be prepared for a lot of sunshine and intermittent showers
• Did I mention how great the staff were? Even though you are probably not supposed to tip the staff, take lots of U.S. dollar bills.
• The pina coladas with dark rum, went down smoothe…all inclusive, what can I say
• Check in: Upon arrival, the staff were courteous, but service was slow as a result of rooms being renovated and not ready. Also, we were a group of 45. Several people did not get the rooms they had requested, such as ground floor and the delay for many of the rooms ranged from about 1 to 3 hours. The stress for some could have been alleviated had the resort offered to check the guest’s bags and offering them a change room, so they could begin to enjoy their stay.
• Due to the massive renovations, there were some amenities that were lacking, but over the period of the week, services and amenities were being upgraded.
• Internet and wireless were virtually non existent and very pricy. You could only use wifi around the main restaurant/pool areas. But hey, we were there to chillax and that was exactly what we did
• Transportation to town using the local community shuttle, is antiquated, but inexpensive $2 per person each way. If you plan to come back past 7:30 pm, take a taxi and avoid the wait.
Would my family go there again? As I said, we were there to chill out and relax…In a heartbeat -Yes!
Nobleton, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad