We are a family of four, and stayed for a week in late January. The resort was in the throes of an ownership change, re-branding, etc. This was evident by the large number of well dressed consultant/management types moving in clusters throughout the resort.
First, the negative: the Italian Restaurant was a bit of a disaster. We were seated for a full two hours before our food arrived. The entire restaurant just sat there wondering if we were stuck in some time-bubble. On a positive note, our waiter was very professional under the circumstances; the failure was completely on the part of the person(s) running the show. The only other negatives had nothing to do with the resort or staff, but were about its patrons; the ever present seat hogging towel-on-the-cabana-all-day jerks and snotty travel agents bent on criticizing everything they see...
...but a holiday is what you make of it! We had a wonderful time. The resort was clean, felt safe, and the staff were very friendly and seemed to be enjoying their work. Our room in the Flamingo wing was clean and bright, and had all of the amenities we read about. The Oceana Restaurant (new since our last stay, which was 2011) was fantastic! The food was excellent, and the staff was attentive and having fun. Thank you to Maicky, Vianella, Miguel, Quelita, Edward, Shari, Donna, and Roserine.
The friendly staff at the kids club made valiant attempts to engage the kids, but they preferred Mom and Dad and the beach and pools instead. The kids club looked nice though. My oldest daughter climbed the rock wall! The beach was clean and well kept. There is a huge selection of paddle boats, windsurfing gear, kayaks and other various water equipment.
Both of our girls had birthdays during our stay, as did their cousin (We came as part of a larger group of nine). The staff at the main buffet agreed to help make a memorable birthday party for the three kids, and put on a great show! They decorated the tables and sang happy birthday, and kept the kids knee deep in cake and ice cream, and they even thought of the adults (champagne!).
Overall this was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad