Hi first the pros-
Short drive from the airport, great snorkeling we did take our own gear as it was fun to do it as you could aklways see something new. Saw some squid, eels and on a trip snorkeling off the resort we saw an octopus which was great., scubas good from what I heard and you didnt have to go far., updated rooms are good some not so good, easy to get a chair, only half full according to the staff,movies on the beach, bars in various locations. clean rooms, Many attractions nearby such as the aquarium and dolphin swim, Bus into town costs $1.50 per person. they do have a shuttle that leaves at 9 and again at 2 I believe for free but you have to book in advance to get on it and once its full you dont get on it but can go on a waiting list. Town is 10 minutes away and some great stores and attractions to see especially the floating bridge which moves when boats need to enter the harbour. Prices are not at all bad there found them quite reasonable.
Cons- check in was terrible took a long time and we ended up up grading which costs 140 us and we had to go through 7 rooms to get one that didnt have a problem. Many upper floor rooms have palm trees in front of the windows or balconies so if you pay to upgrade to ocean view check the room first as most have blocked views at least in the building we went to. We stayed at the flamingo 3rd floor first room had a king bed we required two beds as we had three of us. Second room safe was broken and toliet was broken was told a few days to fix the problems we moved. We did end up in one of the end suites which was nice but had a king bed and a pull out which my daughter didnt find very comfortable after a few days of sleeping on it. No elevators to any other floors. They had a guard and his dog on the side where we stayed and at 3 or 4 or 5 whnever someone walked on our side of the hotel he would bark which echoed right into our room. servers in most parts acted like they were put out when you asked for something, mini bar was supposed to be replenished daily we got it done 3 times over the week and we did leave tips on the bed for them which they took no problem. beach was not the way it is shown on their brochure it is rocky in a lot of areas. Alacartes were ok but you had to get there early to get in as they did not pre book just show up and women could wear whatever they wanted as some came in tank tops with short shorts and men needed long pants and a collared shirt not very fair. The main bar near the buffet restauraunt smelt like something had been rotting for a while they need to clean it. they kept running out of glasses so you had to continually wait for a drink and all bars made the same drink differently and had no bar menus. the on site scuba was good but you had to fill out a form first and if you answer yes to any question you need a medical note from a doctor to clear you to dive. I asked as I had a broken nose years back and had a septum operation and answered yes after she told me I had to and then denied me going unless i had a doctors note. So hate to say it but lie if you want to go scuba diving as my operation was small and a long time ago but still cost me the shance of going diving and I work as a firefighter so have no real issues with lungs or breathing. Main buffet has changed since changing over to sunscape from breezes as many return couples advised us that it was smaller and definately a lot less choices. Many tiles were broken and replaced with whatever tile they could find from the looks of things as they did not match or even come close to looking like they were supposed to be there. Resort in my view is getting run down. We had phones in the rooms but they were not connected to anything so any problems you have has to be dealt with by going to the front desk and if theres a line up its a guearanteed 20 or 30 minute wait. The food that was there was good but just not much variety. Many towels get put on chairs at 7 in the morning and people dont show up till noon or later to use them. Found a lot of people who had rooms near the beach would pull the chairs up to there rooms and think they had the right to keep them for the week even if they were going out and not using them. Resort was only half full and service was not great we had to order drinks a few times from different waitresses to actually get a drink and food lines were slow as they made different things for people such as omelets or spaghetti I would have hated to see a full resort.
Now I did say a lot of negative things but it is what you make of it and we had a good time but service was poor and we found most times it was just easier to go get your own drinks. As far as going back I think I would look at other resorts first as this one has changed hands and seems to be going through some changes that they need to work out first and will probably be better in the future but they do need to update it as it is starting to get run down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad